Socket not working anymore. | Page 8 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Socket not working anymore. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
So last night I noticed that the Socket behind the TV was not working. Plugged in my Kewtech plug tester and nothing. So turned off the MCB for the downstairs sockets. Undone the Socket and its been spurred using new colours from the 13A FCU. Changed the 13A fuse in the FCU, checked the cables and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

There is a socket below that which is wired in Old Colours, which has been there forever. I am just wondering if there is an issue with the FCU, or the wiring itself.

Screwed it all back and then turned the MCB back on. Our house is currently wired in Old Colours, with a Square D CCU. Anyway plugged my socket tester in and again nothing. Would anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Is there any test equipment I could buy to allow me to do some testing, other than a Test Metre as i don't have a lot of money at the moment.

Reply to Socket not working anymore. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net