Some Electrical advice | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Some Electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sean46mc

Hi guys,

Im after abit of advice on electrics, My partner is selling her house and moving in with me, The house is basicly sold
But we have hit a snag and know nothing about it really.

She had a new kitchen fitted in 2007, her ex partner sorted it with the company, the company was a proper company and she paid
for by finace

we dont have the certs or guratee

can we get an electrician to come and check the work and get a certificate to say the work, is to the industry standards

sean

Someone already mentioned it but it is well worth asking the company who did the work if they have copies of the certs. They should keep them for at least 3 years so they might still have them.

If not then as recommended here although if the buyers only want a report on the kitchen then that is what I would ask for. Cheaper and reduces the risk problems will be found elsewhere that will then need fixing. Worth double checking with the buyers before spending the money though.

Hello sean46mc

one other option which may help you, ask the solicitor acting for you about an indemnity. It will cost a lot less than getting an electrician in paid out of your wallet, it will essentially act as an insurance for this "issue" that has been raised. They will rustle one up for just about anything these days, even the weirdest things like the front wall being 1 foot too far from the house, etc etc etc. Might only cost £39.

Just a thought.

My parents' house sale was held up last year due to no record of storage heater testing. My Dad simply told them there was no certificate and he wasn't going to fork out on having them tested.
The buyers went ahead and bought the place anyway.
Often it is the solicitors who "recommend" things and not the people actually spending the money.

Someone already mentioned it but it is well worth asking the company who did the work if they have copies of the certs. They should keep them for at least 3 years so they might still have them.

If not then as recommended here although if the buyers only want a report on the kitchen then that is what I would ask for. Cheaper and reduces the risk problems will be found elsewhere that will then need fixing. Worth double checking with the buyers before spending the money though.
yes well if they dont hold the copies of the certs for this install..then hard questions need to be asked by the O/P as to why?.......a refund in order here?....

Think that may be awkward as it involves a past relationship....
well you could say its a past relationship that someone had with their cash n all.....i mean, how many more times are we going to have to hear about innocent folk being parted with their cash due to robbers not notifying or issuing certification......

Reply to Some Electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net