Someone was a lucky so and so | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Someone was a lucky so and so in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Solutions
Reaction score
Working on a kitchen where I have to reroute the cooker cable (now extend the cooker cable)
Customer has been in the house at least 10 years, kitchen was done a good while before that.

First picture shows how NOT to run a cable down a wall.
[ElectriciansForums.net] Someone was a lucky so and so

I'm surprised it has capping on it, to be honest.

Second picture is how NOT to fix a cooker hood to the wall.

My customer removed the old hood himself.... I hope he used an insulated screwdriver.

3rd and final pic.... The damage to the cable. Outer sheath carefully stripped back. Live untouched. Neutral barely marked and cpc… 4 out of 7 cores sheared through.

This is why we have zones for running cables in. Diagonally is just a disaster waiting to happen.

She put the knife in the metal knife rack that was screwed to the wall.
Not the plastic cutlery holder in the dishwasher!

Her leg was touching the dishwasher. That earthed her leg. Her hand held the knife and touched the metal knife rack on the wall that had 230volts on it due to the screw being contact with the live supply.

Understand now? Good.

The racks are made out of plastic, with little plastic wheels

Her leg was touching the dishwasher. That earthed her leg. Her hand held the knife and touched the metal knife rack on the wall that had 230volts on it due to the screw being contact with the live supply.

Understand now? Good.

Understand now? Good.
So not crossbonding the metal knife rack was a bad idea

I know this is an old thread, but ...
However.... my 'cooker switch' was actually just a double socket which matched all the other accessories in the house. I can only assume electric oven was an option, and the original buyers had gone for gas. The double socket was fed by 6mm from the 'cooker' fuse, and the 6mm link down to the cooker outlet was just coiled up behind it.
Lucky b'stard. At our last house there was a blank plate - when I looked behind it I found the ing * w***ers has just snipped the wires off a little too short to reach any switch terminals. Why do people think it's a clever idea to just snip things off as though there's no chance anyone could ever possibly change their minds and want it again :rage:
But then in a new build my mother looked at they didn't bother with a cooker circuit at all - "all gas innit" :rolleyes:

Reply to Someone was a lucky so and so in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net