SWA fault. | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss SWA fault. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
never seen anything like this before. new cable supplied by cient, installed by ne. no probs. 2 weeks later get a call.. no power. continuity test proves brown conductor is o/c. client is in a catch22. has to return cable for replacement involving me 2 call-outs.... as a temp. measure, i rejigged it, using grey as L, BK as N, and armour as sole cpc. 8 wweks down the line, call to MCB tripped and won't reset. this is what i found after dissing the SWA completely.

[ElectriciansForums.net] SWA fault.cable was laid on ground prior to client digging trench, no chance of external damage. any ideas, apart from faulty manufacture?

cable has gone back to supplier . going away for investigation. looking again at the pic i posted, the outer sheath has not been cut as with a saw. it.s all ragged as if it had been ripped apart. customer has paid for new cable and refund is subject to the results of the investigation.

i can't see me missing it either. one thing i did spot was that it went easily into a 20S. suggesting that it was thinner than usual for 3 core 6mm.

Reply to SWA fault. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net