Tell us about your faults! | Page 85 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Tell us about your faults! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kung

Hi ALL
Just thought id put this one up for all those faults we find.
heres one to kick it off !
Domestic RCD tripped and wouldnt reset cause was a blown low energy light bulb.:D
There you go now for yours !

No pictures, but today I had to try to unravel 9 lighting 1mm T+E's going into a pile of junction boxes which didn't work (or rather did, as the switches were ineffective and the lights were on all the time). Some browns snipped off, some blues snipped off. Most baffling. Anyway I thought I'd tackle it logically and buzz everything out, using the CPC as a known path to complete the circuit, but noooo, some utter c*** has cut them all off. Makes me ***ing fume....

Recently had to do a bit of fault finding on a couple of machines, the panel's a bit of a mess

[ElectriciansForums.net] Tell us about your faults!

Like most of the equipment it's fed with SWA, even if it's on wheels!

Another panel, note the DIN mount PSU lying in bottom of enclosure

For the time it takes to make it look tidy why the hell do people leave things like this! I would be embarassed to leave an abomination like that

Unfortunately the people who buy the equipment try to find the cheapest second hand kit that can be modified (bodged) to do the job, it rarely comes with drawings so fault finding means pulling cables out to trace them.

Reply to Tell us about your faults! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net