Tesco's offering 4KW systems for £8495.00 | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Tesco's offering 4KW systems for £8495.00 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tesco offer literally nothing but buying power. They're a crap company and every single person on this rock would be better off without them.

got to agree with you there
they're awful to work for as well.
read a bit recently where they are forcing their agency staff to sign new contracts exempting them from the new agency workers rights.

mine charge 750, turn up late, put up wobbly scaffold with side poles resting on the roof where the panels need to go, uneven boards, unsafe ladders and unfixed toe boards, and don't take it down again when the customer want.
looking for new ones now but their all stacked out!!

Where are you based, Moggy?

mine charge 750, turn up late, put up wobbly scaffold with side poles resting on the roof where the panels need to go, uneven boards, unsafe ladders and unfixed toe boards, and don't take it down again when the customer want.
looking for new ones now but their all stacked out!!

Coming back to Tesco, does anyone know which panels and inverter they are offering for £8495?

If you install for Tesco, what happens about kit, they supply to you, you take to site? What about electrical gubbins... conduit, cable, clips, consumer units etc?

We carry our own scaffold system on the roofing van so those prices look more attractive to us. I don't think we'd sign up to install for Tesco but it's always interesting to go through the exercise and see if you could. We don't pay for CRB checks of all of our staff but tesco require that, does that mean the CRB check needs to be completely clear?

You also need significant customer protection insurance - quite a bit extra cost as I understand it. Kit is delivered to your premises for you to take to the customer. You provide the electrical conections etc and charge for anything non standard, that's why a lot of customers complain about the additional costs of non standard scaffolding, etxras for garage consumer etc etc

got to agree with you there
they're awful to work for as well.
read a bit recently where they are forcing their agency staff to sign new contracts exempting them from the new agency workers rights.

Just done an install for them none of this domestic stuff 144Kw roof mount went well and they were surprisingly good to work for !

Hi All

I am the CEO of Enact Energy, we manage the Tesco service. The price of £8495 for the system is very low but we are doing this to try and keep our installer network in business after the FiT drops in December. We have all been hit badly by this sudden change by DECC and we want to try and support the installers who have and who continue to support us.

Just as a point of clarification, we are MCS (and REAL) registered and issue the certificates ourselves, we design the systems and ship the full pack to our installers so they have less cash flow to manage. The contract you have is out of date and insurance levels have been reduced to a more reasonable level. Working under our umbrella may not be for you but for many the ready flow of leads is welcomed and our installers can also benefit from working on our Tesco heating and electrical contracts too. With Green Deal around the corner we will also be assisting our installer network to gain access to ECO funding and Green Deal finance if they are unable to do so directly.

Oh, and I agree scaffolders are a bloody pain!

Based on Tesco's current price of £12479 is £8495 not closer 30ish%?

If they were to drop the 2.5kw by 30% then I may be tempted.

Is it not likely this cost is temporary to pay off all the excess stock lying around?

Thanks for the post, Enact.

It's a shame that Tesco have had to attach themselves to the chain. I still see no reason why PV systems can't be installed by professional people for the end user.

£8,495 is an amazing price. After the installer has been paid and you have taken your share, this doesn't leave a lot. What kind of buying power do Tesco have?!

Reply to Tesco's offering 4KW systems for £8495.00 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net