This one will bugger you lot up | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss This one will bugger you lot up in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ackbarthestar

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
The supply comes in from small cable on the LHS, measurements for RCD/VOELB taken from the socket.

[ElectriciansForums.net] This one will bugger you lot up

What do you think the men in boots were up to?

Abuse freely available ......

Interesting post,ackbar...it put me in mind of an incident that occurred when i was about 16...a mate of mine let his family pet,one yorkshire terrier out by accident and it run straight under a passing shell oil petrol tanker.He picked up the "remains",ran to his dads' garage,put it on the bench and started prodding it with the croc clips of an old battery charger.The sad,limp mess started to twitch and jerk about and he was sure he was helping...This taught me a valuable lesson,JUST because you CAN do something,DOSENT always mean you should......the skips calling...

Most plumbers started out that way :)

The chunky-knit jumper I'm wearing right now could power half the street. My poor cat has burn marks on her ears and a constant smell of burning fur from where I go to stroke her and discharge a blue spark onto her. Poor Marmite...

Right you bunch of reprobates. ....
Here's an update.

This is the theory

View attachment 17750

and this is our interpretation

View attachment 17751

You can all go back to sleep now ......

So your using the VOLCB to protect the SWA L - E faults, divorcing the far end so no faults appear on the RCD circuits and vice versa. The Rcd protects the Downstream circuit via a second Electrode to ensure the VOLCB sees no voltage.

Whats the purpose again?

It's an experiment, so no real purpose!!

The system as shown in pic#2, will leave the main panel (if that's what it is) without any means of personal protection, as would be offered by a suitably sized RCD(s)

Always get a bit edgy when I try and join in the conversation with the 'big boys'!!:eek: , but am I being too picky by saying shouldn't the Ze be 200 or less? looks like its 244.

So your using the VOLCB to protect the SWA L - E faults, divorcing the far end so no faults appear on the RCD circuits and vice versa. The Rcd protects the Downstream circuit via a second Electrode to ensure the VOLCB sees no voltage.

Whats the purpose again?[/QUOTE]

I can't remember :)

However, I think you have the answer in the first paragraph

Last edited:

Reply to This one will bugger you lot up in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net