Three phase fryer with no neutral | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Three phase fryer with no neutral in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rallyandy

Hi all

can you help, went to a takeaway today to look at a 3 phase fryer that isn;t working properly.

i took the control panel cover off and found it only has the phase wires connected and there is
no neutral, and there is no internal neutral wiring either, even though there are neutral connectors
in the panel. the only way i can see it has been working is by using the cpc as a neutral.
i have never seen a fryer wired without a neutral before is this right or is it just me being dim lol

i also found one of the phases had been cut at the distribution board which is probably why its not
working correctly, i dont want to reconnect this fryer until i find out whether the neutral missing
is correct
i know you can run motors and certain and certain high resistive loadings due to the cancelling
current effect of three phase but i have never seen a fryer wired this way
please help
many thanks lads

Hi all

can you help, went to a takeaway today to look at a 3 phase fryer that isn;t working properly.

i took the control panel cover off and found it only has the phase wires connected and there is
no neutral, and there is no internal neutral wiring either, even though there are neutral connectors
in the panel. the only way i can see it has been working is by using the cpc as a neutral.
i have never seen a fryer wired without a neutral before is this right or is it just me being dim lol

i also found one of the phases had been cut at the distribution board which is probably why its not
working correctly, i dont want to reconnect this fryer until i find out whether the neutral missing
is correct
i know you can run motors and certain and certain high resistive loadings due to the cancelling
current effect of three phase but i have never seen a fryer wired this way
please help
many thanks lads
Hi mate,don't have a clue about commercial fryers,i did find some diagrams and i don't think you need the neutral.
http://www.frymaster.com/docs/uploaded/fry/products/OperationalManuals/819-6010.pdf

Many thanks mac
yeah i have come to the same conclusion, the fryer is from the good ole USA made by Zanussi, and what i can work out this seems to be common practice over there, it just seemed strange to me as i had never seen it before over here on anything other than motor wiring,
once again many thanks

Reply to Three phase fryer with no neutral in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net