Three phase supply into single phase board | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Three phase supply into single phase board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I popped round to quote for ‘ finishing ‘ a solar install started by a company rhyming with Bird of Polar . The house has a three phase supply, but it looks like someone has taken the three live tails into board not designed for three phase (albeit with a three pole switch).
They’ve only got one phase to the house on a 63A breaker, the house (very large detached property ) demand looks like it would be much more than that. In fact they have a consumer unit with 24 ways inside including a 7kW EV charger, large electric hob and heat pumps
Doesn’t look they have made any effort to balance. And even if I ignore all of that, I would want to use a three phase inverter, and so would want to go to a three phase board.

Am I overthinking this, and this setup is ok, although I’m thinking we need to put in a three phase panel, and then also consider how we provide ongoing supply to main house DB (and summer house)

I suspect that whatever I say is not going to go down well with client, as they’ve already paid some £11k to the now defunct solar company, and all they have done is put solar panels (18x 440W) on roof.

The board was apparently put in by builders electrician.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Three phase supply into single phase board

All looks a bit out of kilter I think it should be a double pole switch judging by the Main Switch label with the space to the right if a double pole were fitted for the SPD.

But still looks they have almost all the load on one phase
Agreed but difficult with just 4 different single phase circuits but looks like phases are loaded L1 = 16A, L2 = 50A and L3 73A The 10A circuit could go onto L1 to help balance but not a great deal.

Reply to Three phase supply into single phase board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net