Trainee Section on the forum: I'm looking for some experienced sparkys | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Trainee Section on the forum: I'm looking for some experienced sparkys in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
V.Nearly Esteemed
Solutions
Reaction score
Righteo.

Some of you may have noticed the Trainee section of the forum that I've created.

We'll hopefully end up with a bunch of guys in there who going through their training.

While they can share their own advice and chat about their different training providers and courses they're taking etc, I'd like to see a few heavily experienced guys in there who don't mind helping trainees with their questions they might have.

So perfect candidates for the guys would be lecturers, assessors, just really experienced sparky's - that sort of jazz.

Clearly we don't want any of the "Electrical Trainee Bashers" in there. So if you have a problem with 'them' (trainees), don't bother replying to this thread for me please. :)

So if you want to give me a shout either in this thread or via PM with the title "trainees" or something, I'll consider you all after having a natter with the moderators and Jase and whatnot.

Sorry dan should have said i have 28 years experience. Wired everything from a nuclear submarine to an aircraft carrier, experience with ac/dc motors and controls. In recent years i have experience with biomass plants (industrial scale) and other renewables. I also used to issue svq's as i held the old d32/33 qualifications. Apart from the many years spent in industrial and commercial work i also do domestic. I even have extensive knowledge of cable manufacturing having worked for bicc.

Happy to help in any way

Hi Dan, I got your email and am more than willing to help. I'm an apprenticeship served Electrician with over 15 years experience and I currently teach Electrical Installation courses including 2330/2357/2365, 2382, 2377, 2391/2395,2392/2394,SPV, part P If I can be of any help then I'm willing to give it ago!
Look forward to getting started :)

I am willing to chip in, bit would not class myself as vastly experienced. Did my original apprenticeship, C&G 236, back in the late 80's, got out the trade, then re did all my qualifications over the last 5 years, 2330 2 & 3, 2382 and 2391. I dont think anyone knows everything, but collectively we can all help.

Thanks to all that have offered support so far. And thanks to all that have applied for access as a trainee or apprentice or even 'older learner' re-skilling.

This has been an awesome idea that's working well so far.

I don't want to overcrowd the place with experienced guys though for now, so I'm trying to keep the ratio fair (and encourage more questions than answers for now so the few lads who are helping out can have some time to help guide the lads and guide me to shape the section well).

Please do keep giving me the nod if you think you can help the area though as I'm keeping you all on file.

And to the guys with 5 or less posts - where the hell have you been for all this time?!?!?!?! Why now do you want to help? Get in the forums man, there's loads you can help with with your experience! :)

Keep letting me know if you can help though - and if you're replying to this thread as a newbie, don't, you just need to apply for access to the area following the instructions in the email I sent you.

Cheeeeeeeeeeers

(Ps - a special thanks to Widdler is in order as I'm on the understanding that it was his idea originally - so thanks matey :D )

Blimey, all these vastly knowledgeable and helpful people showing up, I'm suddenly wishing I had a more useful and intelligent question in my head right now other than what the hell did I do with that half bar of chocolate I had a minute ago *priorities*

Put it this way,

Im so happy that theres a new Trainee part to the forum.

I am a trainee on my level 2 2330 and the only way I got 'help' from this forum was trying to understand what others chatted about. I feard I would get the mick taken out of me for asking the most basic of questions. That fear is now gone with the opening of this new thread as I can see Dan is genuinley interested in only having descent blokes who know what they are talking about, as the 'helpers'

Chuffed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dan
count me in. I have been lecturing for the past 12 years, am a qualified assessor, IV and EV, and have taught at various colleges here in the UK and also in New Zealand. Happy to help! Cheers
Mark

Reply to Trainee Section on the forum: I'm looking for some experienced sparkys in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net