Trainee Section on the forum: I'm looking for some experienced sparkys | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Trainee Section on the forum: I'm looking for some experienced sparkys in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
V.Nearly Esteemed
Solutions
Reaction score
Righteo.

Some of you may have noticed the Trainee section of the forum that I've created.

We'll hopefully end up with a bunch of guys in there who going through their training.

While they can share their own advice and chat about their different training providers and courses they're taking etc, I'd like to see a few heavily experienced guys in there who don't mind helping trainees with their questions they might have.

So perfect candidates for the guys would be lecturers, assessors, just really experienced sparky's - that sort of jazz.

Clearly we don't want any of the "Electrical Trainee Bashers" in there. So if you have a problem with 'them' (trainees), don't bother replying to this thread for me please. :)

So if you want to give me a shout either in this thread or via PM with the title "trainees" or something, I'll consider you all after having a natter with the moderators and Jase and whatnot.

I would be willing to throw in my two-penny worth if it is training issues and technical advice etc that are wanted and discussed. I am teaching on most of the electrical courses available, and assess NVQ's. I do still work in the industry so see things from both directions, I do not know it all and never will, but I do know quite a lot. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

I'm a Lecturer for apprentice sparks up here in Dundee, and also take commercial classes....17th Edition, Inspection and Testing, soon to be PV I think, and anything else with 'elect...' in front of it. Think this sounds like a very good idea. Count me in for anything I can do.

Just last week I passed my 17th edition (my employer sent me on it) and it got me thinking I would be far happier working hands on in electrics than the office job I do at the moment. I'd like to be apart of this forum please as it might just provide the springboard I need to make the change I so desparately need.

I would be willing to throw in my two-penny worth if it is training issues and technical advice etc that are wanted and discussed. I am teaching on most of the electrical courses available, and assess NVQ's. I do still work in the industry so see things from both directions, I do not know it all and never will, but I do know quite a lot. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

I'm going to have to give this guy a recommendation too as I regularly meet with him and we can collaborate on this very well.

Hi Dan, I must admit I have not partaken much in proceedings in the past, as I have not wanted to get involved in some of the more, well, shall we say 'petty bickering' that does occasionally erupt when people interpret things differently. I have to say that it is often said in the colleges that I visit and work in, that if you put 10 college lecturers in a room and asked them a question, you would get at least 11 different answers!. Sparkies are by nature a pretty opinionated, argumentative bunch, and I put that down to the fact that we are, in the immortal words of Ian Drury, 'all clever b....rds!!!', we have to be to get qualified! There is, in many cases, more than one way of skinning a cat, and I hope that this section of the forum will encourage discussion and learning, I for one am ALWAYS keen to learn about new techniques and methods and products, and encourage my students to offer ideas and challenge anything I say if they have an alternative method or solution. As a close friend and colleague of 'Widdler', (who I have many a good, often lively discussion with!), I feel this could be an exceedingly rewarding and useful section, and look forward to watching it develop. Good luck everone!!

Happy to help where I can and would like to apply as a trainee too coz lets face it, we never stop learning, if we knew it all we probably wouldn't be on this forum in the first place. Ok, maybe not the trainee application.

I'm glad that the Electrical Trainee bashing is being addressed.

Hi Dan,

I currently teach both 2357 and 2365 qualifications along with a whole suite of other qualifications. I am also an A1 assessor so would be more than happy to help. If you get in touch I can see what I can help with.

Righteo.

Some of you may have noticed the Trainee section of the forum that I've created.

We'll hopefully end up with a bunch of guys in there who going through their training.

While they can share their own advice and chat about their different training providers and courses they're taking etc, I'd like to see a few heavily experienced guys in there who don't mind helping trainees with their questions they might have.

So perfect candidates for the guys would be lecturers, assessors, just really experienced sparky's - that sort of jazz.

Clearly we don't want any of the "Electrical Trainee Bashers" in there. So if you have a problem with 'them' (trainees), don't bother replying to this thread for me please. :)

So if you want to give me a shout either in this thread or via PM with the title "trainees" or something, I'll consider you all after having a natter with the moderators and Jase and whatnot.

im boiler techician 15 years in service knowlege in motoer corttol including boiler operation.and design to motor control diagram.and prefered to troubl shooting electronics controls.

- - - Updated - - -

im boiler techician 15 years in service knowlege in motoer corttol including boiler operation.and design to motor control diagram.and prefered to troubl shooting electronics controls.

My 53 years experience ranges from house wiring,industrial installations, commissioning,design, project management, lecturing.
Nuclear power stations, CHP plants, dairy, steelworks, composting plants, coal handling plants.
Worked in USA, Russia, China, Libya, France, Germany, Sweden, Italy and all UK.

Reply to Trainee Section on the forum: I'm looking for some experienced sparkys in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net