Trunking in Floor Chase | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Trunking in Floor Chase in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

phil_davison

Alright,

Just a quickie, I'm currently doing an install in which involves chasing a concrete floor to run the cable for the ring main.
The chase is less than 50mm and will be rcd protected as well as being run in trunking. Can I run PVC trunking instead of metal trunking as the client is trying to keep the costs down?

Cheers

Cant run anything above the ceiling as its woodern beams london. I'd designed it all around metal trunking but, client is now asking me to try and save a few quid.

To be honest I wouldnt be too keen even on using steel trunking. Or where you planning on screeding over the top?

I see the plumbers use a plastic duct which has a wooden cover. Maybe an option?

there are not safe zones in floors , nor did i say there were, i said unless in safe zones it would need protection

regs number ? book in van , but roughly 522.66 ish i think

Now I think about it the floors I've been involved with have about 80mm screed. I believe the regs say the containment should be suitable for the intended use of the floor (522.6.4), the design in these cases being by engineers for large electrical contractors.

Now I think about it the floors I've been involved with have about 80mm screed. I believe the regs say the containment should be suitable for the intended use of the floor (522.6.4), the design in these cases being by engineers for large electrical contractors.

the op did say at less than 50 mm, beyond 50 mm then yes suitable for intended use is fine .

Reply to Trunking in Floor Chase in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net