TT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss TT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The circuit for EVSE must not share an RCD for other circuits such as dual RCD boards unless one RCD is reserved solely for the EVSE. Your situation of a sub circuit having an RCD particularly if it is for additional protection is clouded as to whether this would be deemed as shared.

Didn’t know that, learn something new every day

One last question regarding the RCD on the meter tails, the meter tails will pass through a cavity wall to the external meter box, my heads telling me I would need RCD protection on this if less than 50mm in the wall but just looking to clarify

Regarding the EV, it’s an Ohme charger which I believe has a type A RCD built in, setup would be:

• 50A RCBO to feed garage db
  • Garage db has no RCD protection
  • 32A MCB from garage db to charger, charger has additional Type A RCD built in

Reply to TT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net