Unbelivable! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Unbelivable! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

High Tower

-
Nearly Esteemed
Reaction score
So, popped into a large national estate agents that i work for, to add a couple of sockets for them, simple job, nice and easy with a early finish.

The board was changed and a PIR done in 2010, the companys policy is no codes are acceptable, has to be a clean pass. that in mind have a look at what i came across, the original contractor was a big firm based in Nottingham. no wonder they are always cheper than us!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Unbelivable!
Cheap crappy CU with 3 blanks missing

Ip Rating compromised

Trunking really has seen better days

6mm2 gas bond on a 100A supply and abandoned switch gear still live

Perfect connections to the time clock!

Is there anything that people wont use a 951 clamp for?

Seriously.... a joke all round.

People are willing to pay £10 a circuit to have that quality of work done, and how anyone could clean pass that beats me. Most, if not all of that isn't "new" codes.

I'd read .... C1, C1, C1, C1, C1, C....you later.

I'd have condemned. But then, it's not the customer's fault - so I guess education has something to do with it too - but it reminds me of one of my older nationals asking if we could beat a price of £150 for an EICR. I said no, off the bat - I happen to know none of their many sites is under 24 ways, though pretty well everything is radial, I have a nasty feeling there's many radials in their units running plenty socket outlets and on 2.5mm too.

Things like this tend to get me back on my "licence the lot" soap box....

Unfortunalty im probably going to get lumbered with sorting this load of kak out!

I would say "think of the money".... wrong game for that though! There's a very good £30 worth of work there! Lol!

Just found it really lazy above all that they couldn't be bothered to cut and tee the trunking down onto the top of the CU - and personally, would have used a MC CU and done the job properly.... ho hum.

I would say "think of the money".... wrong game for that though! There's a very good £30 worth of work there! Lol!

Just found it really lazy above all that they couldn't be bothered to cut and tee the trunking down onto the top of the CU - and personally, would have used a MC CU and done the job properly.... ho hum.

To be fair, with the amount of damp down there its probably better off being a plastic board, as you can see the corner of the trunking is rusted out completely.

Yeah i couldnt agree more!, i adapted some crabtree blanks that i had to fit before i left, not pretty but at least i can sleep at night!

It's something.... but then, nobody gets taught to think any more either.

Two techs I "met" only this week, working for the business for a few months.... standard reply "It's broken"... me: "So what did you do about that?" .... them (both) : "told you"....... I didn't see the point of getting to the bit that reminds them their job descriptions are to FIX THE F*****G THING! .......properly.

It's a crying shame that most of what's in your photos is simply because some guy couldn't be bothered to "think on" about what he was leaving behind....

Oh all these photos and a report have gone off to the management centre for their review, i just had to install the blanks before i went, couldnt leave it like that!.

I know of this firm, they are a biggish firm with about 12 vans, i wouldnt mind but i pulled the standard of their EICR's/PIR's to the client before so this is probably going to look like a witch hunt!

Oh all these photos and a report have gone off to the management centre for their review, i just had to install the blanks before i went, couldnt leave it like that!.

I know of this firm, they are a biggish firm with about 12 vans, i wouldnt mind but i pulled the standard of their EICR's/PIR's to the client before so this is probably going to look like a witch hunt!

I should hope the evidence speaks for itself though - anyone can see from those photos it's not a case of bitching for the sake of it....

Who knows though lol! And it honestly looks like 12 Van Gang needs pulling up.

Reply to Unbelivable! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back