Undersized main earth on eicr | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Undersized main earth on eicr in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

just looking for guidance on how you would code a 2.5mm main earthing conductor on a property with 10mm line conductor.

Basically on a massenette the one below has the incoming supply, and the one above I'm working in is looped supply off it the one below, 10mm tails in conduit with a 2.5mm earth to a one shot, the 25mm tails from oneshot to fuseboard, undersized after doing the adiabatic equation. No signs of thermal damage plus the fuseboard has a type 2 spd in which minimum of 4mm earth is required. How would you code this and would it be unsatisfactory.

Reply to Undersized main earth on eicr in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In the 80's I was taught that with PME earthing arrangements we used 16mm for the main earthing conductor, some went a bit crazy and were bonding...
Replies
Views
You would treat it as a TT installation.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why would the RCD fail … yes it can happen but then it may not. Without it you have no protection on the TT System
Replies
Views
  • Question
A bit like saying plumbers makes good electricians. 🥴
Replies
Views
  • Question
Indeed it is clearly marked as a PME earthing system, which means it is TNCS.
Replies
Views
loz2754
L

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks