Voltage still present with MCB off | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Voltage still present with MCB off in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have a Fair Few fella, and was just making a point, My meggar mulitmeter is old though and my trusted companion and it needs calibrating really, just suggesting the 1 volt measured may have been down to zero ing thats all, If I actually test for voltage I wouldn't use it, but the OP didn't say what meter he checked the voltage with, I was thinking multi meter myelf, but unless he comes back we won't know.

As this is a forum for "electricians" may be it would be helpful if the posters profile indicated the current qualification / training status

IMO the OP brought the negative comments on himself with what he asked and showed a total lack of basic knowledge with the information he posted

For me the OP is one of the engage keyboard and post a minor problem without understanding what you are doing members who hasn't got a skin thick enough to take the resulting flack

I'm really not sure what that bloke was hoping to achieve other than a bit of back lash after posting that.

Even googling the operation of how an RCD works would have been a good bet. Wikipedia to the rescue.

As this is a forum for "electricians" may be it would be helpful if the posters profile indicated the current qualification / training status

IMO the OP brought the negative comments on himself with what he asked and showed a total lack of basic knowledge with the information he posted

For me the OP is one of the engage keyboard and post a minor problem without understanding what you are doing members who hasn't got a skin thick enough to take the resulting flack
Reminds me of the old saying,if you cant take it you shouldn,t have joined!Seriously its a bit worrying when a spark doesnt understand the basic principle of how an rcd works.Danny if your reading this mate lose the chip and come back and carry on your education,remember when you stop learning something else happens YOU STOP BREATHING! you are always learning from the day you,re born till the day you die.Take it on the chin mate and carry on.

I have forgotten the amount if times I have cut through a cable that I just turned the mcb off and not disconnected from the rcd, very simple to remedy and didn't waste time checking after, obviously checked for voltage before cutting. Sounds like he was trying to find a fault that wasn't there (Electrical Trainee perhaps)

I have forgotten the amount if times I have cut through a cable that I just turned the mcb off and not disconnected from the rcd, very simple to remedy and didn't waste time checking after, obviously checked for voltage before cutting. Sounds like he was trying to find a fault that wasn't there (Electrical Trainee perhaps)

Was thinking the same myself when I read the OP. One of those moments where you think you weren't supposed to cut the neutral and earth together cos you know what'll happen

I'm more concerned that somewhere out there there's a member of Joe Public being fleeced for an unnecessary rewire/work simply as the Electrical Trainee dim-wit didn't do an IR test properly. 0.16???! Suspect a few lightbulbs, neons and fixed appliances may have been included in that!!!

:banghead:

And now he's found Heaven, that's Tidy binned.

Pikey with lovely eyes available, PM Geordie for details.

I don't know about it being heaven, but when I've been in the3,000+ Club I've spent the first 10 minutes thinking I've gone deaf.

I tell you; you could commit a murder and hide the body in there & it wouldn't be found for at least 3 months !!!

I thought all that was nonsense was quite hilarious at the time, but I do have a flippant attitude at times, obviously upset a few people though!

Had a good result though!
Strength to strength eh Ben!!!

And now he's found Heaven, that's Tidy binned.

Pikey with lovely eyes available, PM Geordie for details.

Awww......... well now I'm binned I must advertise my good points. I am fully litter trained, can take orders, use cutlery, bake hedgehogs and pheasants, bleed brakes, shoot, whistle with my fingers, and touch my nose with my tongue. Form an orderly queue please................... :tt1:

Ive had this issue with voltage on both the none connected and connected, ive put it down to EMF and as you say RCD and other connected items within, depending on the voltage amount, hehe, shame you all blasted this lad for inexperience good god im still learning just done the 17th cant wait for 18th now :) .

It's not that i don't believe you've got there Geordie....it's just that i can count, and your post count tells me your some way off 3000 still.

Your celebration seems a little premature....

Congratulations however, on achieving this. A milestone accomplishment in the rich tapestry that has been your life. If only Michael Aspel was here now.

Dannyboy have you changed your mind and come back?

Did you read my post re: Rhino skin and reading through what appear to be negative posts and reading the hidden wealth of information?

Reply to Voltage still present with MCB off in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net