W4D1 - FB does have its positives | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss W4D1 - FB does have its positives in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Solutions
Reaction score
Facebook… used to be “the” social media giant, but now overtaken…. And populated by the older generation… (I’m not there yet!)

Up here, there is a “borders memories” group on there that post up photographs of events and whatever that people have taken in the past… and this cropped up… The Home Guard, circa 1945 ish

[ElectriciansForums.net] W4D1 - FB does have its positives

There was a list of names on the post… with the 2nd from right, bottom row… G. Drummond

My grandpa.

I am not on FaceBook or any other platform except Instagram. My daughter is on everything!
A couple of years ago she was on a night out and lost her wallet. Transpires it fell out of her pocket as she got out of a taxi.
It was a brand neweand expensive wallet, and she had just withdrawn £200, plus of course her debit and credit cards were in there and her driving licence etc. I drove her to the local police station to report the loss, the next morning. As we were parking she got a message from someone on FB asking if she had "lost something" in the locality...she messaged the girl, then she called her and shortly after we dropped by the girl's addess and my daughter got her wallet back, complete with all contents. Facebook was the key that time.

I have a love-hate with social media. On the one hand it enables me to keep up with family and friends around the planet, provides work opportunities from time to time, free advertising (I've recently been both personally and business page tagged on FB by a mainstream global provider and my page went nuts!) and so on, but the other InstaTweet type sites are just a melting pot of hate, anger and vanity.

My wife's cat escaped from it's cage outside the vet's a few years ago and scarpered. Spent the evenings for the next two weeks wandering around the town with a packet of cat biscuits, shouting "Tommy" like some demented loony, and getting to know every cat in the area.
Daughter posted on Facebook, with pics, and a month after the thing went missing, she was contacted by someone who reckoned it was our cat that had arrived at their house the previous day, and it was.

Reply to W4D1 - FB does have its positives in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks