Wago push in connectors | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wago push in connectors in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thought they wer designed as a perm connection ? ...ie not designed to be pulled out of the terminal ( ive never used them mind, just what ive assumed)

From Wagobox.......
Simply pushing the stripped conductor into the connector makes the connection. The transparent housing provides a visible indication that the conductor is secure. There is a test point in the base of the housing. To remove the connector simply pull on the conductor whilst twisting the connector block left and right. The connector can then be reused.

I like wago's save so much time especially the din rail mount type the is a pic on a that shows wago push fit din rail types its on extending cables for new consumer unit i think likes been said ask for a sample pack or visit the stand at Elex in coventry

Just got the sample pack through, well impressed, simple, qiuck, secure, insulated, easy,...along with the wago box that including cable clamps and placement gaps for the blocks, easy fit fixing bracket thing,

Well impressed fair play,

wago from now on :-D

Just got the sample pack through, well impressed, simple, qiuck, secure, insulated, easy,...along with the wago box that including cable clamps and placement gaps for the blocks, easy fit fixing bracket thing,

Well impressed fair play,

wago from now on :-D

Welcome to 'CLUB WAGO' :hurray:..... Dai - the wago box is officially classed as 'maintenance free' and meets the current regs if you need to place it in unaccessable areas in walls, floors and ceilings

Welcome to 'CLUB WAGO' :hurray:..... Dai - the wago box is officially classed as 'maintenance free' and meets the current regs if you need to place it in unaccessable areas in walls, floors and ceilings

Whilst, i agree that wago and other similar connector are good and a massive improvement on the usual strip type connectors, ...They are not suitable for every situation. Who has classified the wagos as ''Officially'' maintenance free?? The last time i heard they were still awaiting Official recognition of this status!!

Whilst, i agree that wago and other similar connector are good and a massive improvement on the usual strip type connectors, ...They are not suitable for every situation. Who has classified the wagos as ''Officially'' maintenance free?? The last time i heard they were still awaiting Official recognition of this status!!
I'm a wago fan too. But must admit I didn't think they were, as yet, officially maintenance free.

Extract from an email I had direct from Michael lane @ wago (WAGO Product Manager) when I last asked........

Quote: "I have just come back from the Elex Show in Coventry and a lot of people where interested in our 773-173 (2.5 - 6mm² rated at 41A) so I will include some of these for you to see. They also liked our junction box for the 773 and 222 Series connector, which as been approved so it does not have to be accessible.

And info from TLC Direct website

Maintenance Free
The Wago 222 and 773 Series terminal blocks are completely unlike screw terminals.
They are not susceptible to loosening due to temperature cycling, vibration or conductor settling over time.

The man from Del Monte.....He say "YES" :)

Extract from an email I had direct from Michael lane @ wago (WAGO Product Manager) when I last asked........

Quote: "I have just come back from the Elex Show in Coventry and a lot of people where interested in our 773-173 (2.5 - 6mm² rated at 41A) so I will include some of these for you to see. They also liked our junction box for the 773 and 222 Series connector, which as been approved so it does not have to be accessible.

And info from TLC Direct website

Maintenance Free

The Wago 222 and 773 Series terminal blocks are completely unlike screw terminals.
They are not susceptible to loosening due to temperature cycling, vibration or conductor settling over time.

The man from Del Monte.....He say "YES" :)

I am talking about ''Official'' recognition, Not a bit of salesman patter!! They can say what they like, and often do, but it doesn't make the connectors officially recognised as ''Maintenance Free''....

Reply to Wago push in connectors in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net