What if anything Is availablee | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What if anything Is availablee in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Robb1e

-
Reaction score
Hello members.

Some advice/opinions would be great if you can help.

I have a large media setup at home which entails a lot of plugs and sockets which leaves an unsightly "clump" of plugs on the floor. Is there anything new that you have seen or could recommend that I could use instead of the generally obtrusive extension leads? Obviously something that didn't require the plugs would be brilliant and clearly cut down the size of the "clump" but simply cutting the plugs off and wiring them all into a junction box would certainly be frowned upon, lol.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

@DPG I know it would be easier but I want it as minimal as possible, and you can't get as minimal as having no cupboard at all, lol.
Maybe not a 'cupboard' as such, but could you box out a false chimney breast, then hide the sockets, power cables, AV cables, TV bracket and possibly subwoofer in it, so all you would see is the TV (which would appear to be built into the wall), and the 2 floating shelves? Wouldn't that be more 'minimal' than having to try and hide some junction box with a load of fuses in it, plus a socket somewhere anyway, not to mention trunking up the wall?
[ElectriciansForums.net] What if anything Is availablee[ElectriciansForums.net] What if anything Is availablee

Reply to What if anything Is availablee in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net