What is an adapter added to a Carlon box without threads, to give it threads, called? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What is an adapter added to a Carlon box without threads, to give it threads, called? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

_KaCe_

DIY
Reaction score
I bought 20 boxes for an outdoor project. I paint my parts before I install them so they look nicer than trying to paint them in place. That said, I now need to change the box from a smooth terminal hole to a threaded. I also need to have this part go from 3/4" to 1/2". I am not sure if there is such an animal either. I tried looking on websites, but there are so many parts that it became difficult at best to look through all of it. So I thought I'd ask here. I appreciate any help and hope I can solve this situation and move on. I am changing my conduit from 1/2" to 3/4". My boxes are for 1/2", my new conduit will be 3/4". I just don't want to spend good money replacing these things if I can get an adapter. TIA.

KaCe

I bought 20 boxes for an outdoor project. I paint my parts before I install them so they look nicer than trying to paint them in place. That said, I now need to change the box from a smooth terminal hole to a threaded. I also need to have this part go from 3/4" to 1/2". I am not sure if there is such an animal either. I tried looking on websites, but there are so many parts that it became difficult at best to look through all of it. So I thought I'd ask here. I appreciate any help and hope I can solve this situation and move on. I am changing my conduit from 1/2" to 3/4". My boxes are for 1/2", my new conduit will be 3/4". I just don't want to spend good money replacing these things if I can get an adapter. TIA.

KaCe
. Home Depot or Lowe’s has reducers from 3/4 to 1/2 or they sell the boxes which is either 1/2 or 3/4

Reply to What is an adapter added to a Carlon box without threads, to give it threads, called? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net