What? No Thatcher thread? | Page 12 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What? No Thatcher thread? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nope I disagree, thatcher cause the biggest of them all, several years after her leaving office in the mid nineties, black wednesday bankrupted this country, we have never recovered, the problems we have now were caused by the american bankers, not gordon brown, although he did sell gold reserves off far too cheaply, don't believe everything you read in the tory propaganda press, have a mind of your own.

This Tory propaganda press statement is like a broken record please enlighten us to what propaganda you read so we can see your side of the argument

How many boom and busts happened under Thatcher? Brown didn't rein in the financial services industry because by the time he got in they had too much clout and they effectively owned the government, I agree with the bit about him being an idiot though.

No Brown just made the Bank of England independent to avoid any flack on interest rates. Browns economic prudence had one major flaw he took in £3 and spent £4

Isn't history a peculiar subject
It seems it can be manipulated to such an extent that the Thatcher era somehow starts smelling of roses,especially to some who believe in the 2nd hand tripe dished out by the media, who,incidentally, are owned by the subjects of the tripe

The irony of it all,is that the belief is held (usually) by those who lived in places where the impact of one evil person had no catastrophic effect on their community or found that suddenly those communities became like deserts of dignity and morality

All because of the vindictivenes and uncaring illogical hysteria of one evil woman

All because they followed one evil person into an undemocratic strike, Arthur is proud of you he took you for a ride and was sitting pretty while you pandered to his crusade to over throw the government unfortunately it didn't work the second time around

Specs, one of my main bugbears is not the closure of the pits it's the way they were closed. When you have an industry owned by the taxpayer and the government decide to close it for whatever reason then then government has a responsibility to ensure there's work in the area to provide for those people. There are towns in my area and many others that depended on the pits for primary and secondary employment. Close the primary and those workers have no money to spend, this means that the businesses providing the secondary employment soon become unviable also. Whole communities were condemned to a slow painful death by unemployment.

By the time Scargill saw the error of his ways with his undemocratic strike it was too late the irreparable damage had been done, can never quite understand how the NUM were still bankrolling him until recently and the miners and ex miners still treat him like a god. He took away everything and left many communities with nothing

Im sure when i kick the bucket, they wont do none of this for me, and i have served this country well in my capacity.
I for one will tell my grandchildren to tell my great great grandchildren in hushed reverential tones how the mightyToonlad helped keep the Newky Broon company going strong against the onslaught of the southern pimms o'clock brigade.

Yes , but don't you know " We are all in this together. "

That must be why Iain Duncan Smith is so desperate to join us. David Cameron told him it was so much better to live on your knees than struggle on your feet.

Let us all face it, the human race is chaotic, reckless, at times brilliant, mostly self-serving, good some of the time, evil slightly less of the time and occasionally downright self-destructive. The driving force is capitalism. And since it is working ever so well, the major players in the world have been exporting it to more increasingly unsuitable places to show it a good time. I recon we should give Trev and Des a tire iron, some gaffer tape and fifteen minutes alone in a room with all these idiots & I guarantee the financial crises will be sorted out. That would get my vote! :gunsmilie:

That must be why Iain Duncan Smith is so desperate to join us. David Cameron told him it was so much better to live on your knees than struggle on your feet.

Let us all face it, the human race is chaotic, reckless, at times brilliant, mostly self-serving, good some of the time, evil slightly less of the time and occasionally downright self-destructive. The driving force is capitalism. And since it is working ever so well, the major players in the world have been exporting it to more increasingly unsuitable places to show it a good time. I recon we should give Trev and Des a tire iron, some gaffer tape and fifteen minutes alone in a room with all these idiots & I guarantee the financial crises will be sorted out. That would get my vote! :gunsmilie:

Could we make a few quid from the video?

Let me simplify that for you, selfish ignorant barstewardss!

Last edited by a moderator:
[ElectriciansForums.net] What? No Thatcher thread?

Had I known you have such an enterprising nature, I would have teamed up with you earlier...lol :17:

Reply to What? No Thatcher thread? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back