What? No Thatcher thread? | Page 11 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What? No Thatcher thread? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Isn't history a peculiar subject
It seems it can be manipulated to such an extent that the Thatcher era somehow starts smelling of roses,especially to some who believe in the 2nd hand tripe dished out by the media, who,incidentally, are owned by the subjects of the tripe

The irony of it all,is that the belief is held (usually) by those who lived in places where the impact of one evil person had no catastrophic effect on their community or found that suddenly those communities became like deserts of dignity and morality

All because of the vindictivenes and uncaring illogical hysteria of one evil woman

It amazes me that people actual believed this and kept voting them in!
Absolute madness
people are people, and will vote in anyone who promises to keep them in comfort, regardless of the economic state of there country, but when it comes to the crunch and things have to be paid back these same people are the first to complain.

Isn't history a peculiar subject
It seems it can be manipulated to such an extent that the Thatcher era somehow starts smelling of roses,especially to some who believe in the 2nd hand tripe dished out by the media, who,incidentally, are owned by the subjects of the tripe

The irony of it all,is that the belief is held (usually) by those who lived in places where the impact of one evil person had no catastrophic effect on their community or found that suddenly those communities became like deserts of dignity and morality

All because of the vindictivenes and uncaring illogical hysteria of one evil woman
Rubbish, check your facts, i lived in London and i moved to Rugby to get a job.

Specs, one of my main bugbears is not the closure of the pits it's the way they were closed. When you have an industry owned by the taxpayer and the government decide to close it for whatever reason then then government has a responsibility to ensure there's work in the area to provide for those people. There are towns in my area and many others that depended on the pits for primary and secondary employment. Close the primary and those workers have no money to spend, this means that the businesses providing the secondary employment soon become unviable also. Whole communities were condemned to a slow painful death by unemployment.

Rubbish, check your facts, i lived in London and i moved to Rugby to get a job.

If you were to try and compare the effects of Thatcher on London with the effects of Thatcher on Wales
In comparison you would need to move the ten million Londoners to Rugby to escape her evil deeds

London did not cease to function,London as a whole did not lose a way of life which had been cherished for many generations

Neither did London become a wasteland of desperate people,people who did not ever give support to such as her
She not only removed employment she destroyed our communities

She enjoyed more success than would have been imagined had Hitler taken control in years previously
At least the slave labour jobs we now enjoy since the slaughter of our communities, would have been available to all in our community

All i know is that in this current economic climate, this alleged 10 miilion cost for this funeral, is money that could be spent on a better cause. Im sure when i kick the bucket, they wont do none of this for me, and i have served this country well in my capacity.

Ohh well every one to there own.

Specs, one of my main bugbears is not the closure of the pits it's the way they were closed. When you have an industry owned by the taxpayer and the government decide to close it for whatever reason then then government has a responsibility to ensure there's work in the area to provide for those people. There are towns in my area and many others that depended on the pits for primary and secondary employment. Close the primary and those workers have no money to spend, this means that the businesses providing the secondary employment soon become unviable also. Whole communities were condemned to a slow painful death by unemployment.
I cannot dissagree with this logic but the pits that were earmarked for closure were warned well in advance, scargill hothead that he was ,speeded up the pit closures , so that instead of pit closures spread around the country and done in an orderly fashion which would hopefully give workers the time to find employment elsewhere, scargill speeded up the process by calling an all out strike which affected once profit making pits and the steel workers and the car industry, which then meant that whole areas were not working and in many cases made it an unviable proposition to carry on supporting them. Just take a look at your own local town hall/council what do they actually produce ( except bills for you and i ) every year wages /pensions go up for these workers, how long are you prepared to pay the bills this taxpayer funded service sends to you. do you complain, probably not, but i bet you would welcome a change in this system so that your bills go down. TBC

I did Ok when she came to power because i was in the RAF, but i was in a mining town, so i can see a bit of both sides.
Like her or loathe her ( i thought she did OK), if we had had someone in power 10 years ago when the Afghan thing kicked off, then we would not be now mourning the loss of about 300 UK servicemen. She would have told Bush to OFF, just like Reagan did to her when she asked for help to sort the Falklands out. Since 1997 we have had leaders in this country who ask how high when a yank leader says jump, and that applies to all parties that have been or are in power now, a load of spineless ****s who are only in it for what they can get for themselves.

Cheers..........Howard

Reply to What? No Thatcher thread? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back