What Rods should read | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss What Rods should read in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
[ElectriciansForums.net] What Rods should read

Here is what a rod should read and what our old friend E54 advocates.

Fair enough it is not a single rod but 15 19mm dia x 1800mm length rods in a network around the building all joined by a 70mm conductor. So a bit expensive and also would pay havoc in Mr Browns raised flower beds!!!

It is a functional earth for data and our remit was less than 1ohm, so pretty pleased with that

I can't really say too much as it is a military installation but Marvo is virtually spot on. The equipment is high tech IT equipment with an emphasis on...... struggling to know what to say but it's virtually an x box scenario but a little more realistic.

Put it this way the building has 7 data rooms with about 20+ racks each room all connected together to achieve the result. Unfortunately being an old sparks the data side of this and all the hardware/software is a little beyond me, but the spec was a 1 ohm "clean" earth or "noiseless" earth so it could not be go via the transformer.

The actual supply into the building is via 3 Tx and I'll show you the earth grid around that when it is finished. I was asked to help on that but fortunately we had some HV guys sort that part out
bassically it is a military spec server/supercomputer building.

i say server loosly because it sounds to me like a giant hpc cluster

Reply to What Rods should read in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net