what would you say,Ze 14ohms | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss what would you say,Ze 14ohms in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
That's a small bit of 40 years of electrical diy

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] what would you say,Ze 14ohms
    IMAG0063.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 263
  • [ElectriciansForums.net] what would you say,Ze 14ohms
    IMAG0065.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 231
well, i may be mistaken then?
i'll get a picture of the one i see most days (at my parents ) and you can decide.
two non insulated overheads incomers from the main overhead line two fields away, then at the last pole before the house the incomers are connected to an overhead swa, the armouring from this is, at the pole end connected to what i thought is an earth rod that runs all the way down the pole (protected) and into the ground.
then at the end on the building the armouring is connected to the earth wire that goes to the main earth terminal. ??
it looks to me like tt, rather than tncs or tns?? but i'm probably wrong!!??

i'll get a picture of the one i see most days (at my parents ) and you can decide.
two non insulated overheads incomers from the main overhead line two fields away, then at the last pole before the house the incomers are connected to an overhead swa, the armouring from this is, at the pole end connected to what i thought is an earth rod that runs all the way down the pole (protected) and into the ground.
then at the end on the building the armouring is connected to the earth wire that goes to the main earth terminal. ??

Never seen a SWA used overhead by the DNO from a pole supply system!! You sure it's not a ''Split Concentric'' cable??

Yes, a photo or two would be appreciated, i'm now quite intrigued with this supply arrangement!! lol!!

Yes, a photo or two would be appreciated, i'm now quite intrigued with this supply arrangement!! lol!!

i thought train-spotting was geeky , but earth rod spotting is a whole new level of nerdyness lol.
you should get out more , take a trip up the yangtze or something.
;-)

edit ; i bet E54 gives names to his earth rods like stobart trucks , daisy , sarah , etc.
snigger. :)

Telectrix and E54 you both sound to have more experience than myself!

it could be pme, and it could be split concentric cable! never thought of that before....!
myself a mere industrial sparky/maintenance electrician i haven't gave much if any thought to such things as earthing arrangements til i put myself through my 2394/2395 and joined this forum. Still waiting for my results and enjoying the post's on here.
i'll get some pics this week and post them.

There is an unconfirmed rumour that E54's will contains instructions to starch him after passing away and to drive him deep in the corner of the memorial garden.A headstone illumination device will be 30Ma protected using the man himself....beautiful,moving and yet really practical.Respect due...:clown:

They've both got more experience than (the non existent) god. Tel actually invented electricity and E54 took one of his ideas (TT systems) and perfected it over many years as his apprentice.
Bow before them. :)

Thanks for that Trev, makes me sound as if i'm younger than Tel!! lol!! Must be, as you could say i started my apprenticeship of sorts, when i was around 13, going out with my self employed electrician uncle, after school weekdays, Saturdays, and school holidays. It's how i earned my pocket money in those days!! lol!!

There is an unconfirmed rumour that E54's will contains instructions to starch him after passing away and to drive him deep in the corner of the memorial garden.A headstone illumination device will be 30Ma protected using the man himself....beautiful,moving and yet really practical.Respect due...:clown:
Won't they have to clone him so both copies can be coupled together, as deeper is always better?! And his tomb had better be a proper concrete pit - if its a cheap green plastic coffin he will turn in his grave!

long512 - yes we are out in the sticks here.
quoting for a full rewire, hopefully will get the chance to solve the puzzle, i told him to call DNO and ask for pme, or else i had include earth rod in the quote
thanks everyone
well....so far all we have heard is some stuff about using extention leads....does that mean a full rewire is on the cards?...
i think not:....do your job properly and IR the existing stuff....any crap the rewire that portion by all means.....

Sounds like PME to me TBH. Around our way it is fairly common to have TNS overhead supplies, with a concentric coming over + a bare earth straight from the poletop transformer, although I have only seen it on farms directly supplied from a transformer in the garden/field, gives good readings and is ideally suited to farms, In our area farms have never been allowed PME although I have noticed that rule seems to have been relaxed recently a farmer friend recently got a new supply and they provided him with PME no questions asked!

Reply to what would you say,Ze 14ohms in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net