When is the 19th edition coming out? - British Standard BS 7671 (updated) | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss When is the 19th edition coming out? - British Standard BS 7671 (updated) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
According to the IET, Amendment 2 to the 18th Edition is being released in March 2022:

June 2025 now apparently - Edit Dan. For those who are landing on this old page. Thought I'd update it.

I have heard some rumors the 19th Edition will be released later this year. Does anybody know if this is true?

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently bought a copy of BS7430 (COP for Protective Earthing of electrical installations). £289 (£144.50) for 88 unbound loose binder pages, of which probably a dozen are the credits and references!! It's insane.

I recently bought a copy of BS7430 (COP for Protective Earthing of electrical installations). £289 (£144.50) for 88 unbound loose binder pages, of which probably a dozen are the credits and references!! It's insane.
I often wonder how they come up with the pricing of these documents, I did ask someone who sat on one of the committees that were behind one of the BS documents if the price was reflected in how much coffee and biscuits were consumed during their meetings

I think you will find that the people who sit on these committees have nothing to do with the pricing structure of the final document of how it is formatted, it's probably all down to the accounts/publishing section of the authority concerned.

Am I right in thinking for each new amendment you have to get a full set of the latest books and re sit an exam? I originally thought you just had to do this for latest edition and not amendment? That's some cash cow if so

Reply to When is the 19th edition coming out? - British Standard BS 7671 (updated) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net