Where do you buy these from? | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Where do you buy these from? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Where can I get these from? I see it says ESC on it, but cant find them...

Anyone know? They seem like a good idea. I saw it the other day whilst changing a board, it would be nice to stick on the front.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Where do you buy these from?

I'm with Tony on this. If you need to be told that there's a potential danger lurking behind the CU cover then you have no right to be anywhere near it. If you need to be told not to store things near it or knock things into it then you're too stupid to be allowed to operate anything electrical not even a bloody light switch.
The world is going to hell in a handcart. People now need to be told that there are hazards inherent in every seemingly innocuous day to day activity. On the news last night there was a thing on about this year's intake of students to York university. They were told at a lecture that they shouldn't go out and get rat arsed and walk along the river banks. Bloody hell, these kids are tomorrows doctors, lawyers, politicians and industry leaders(allegedly) and they need to be bloody told this stuff!
Why can't people just man the hell up and think for themselves?
I'm going for a lie down now.

I'm with Tony on this. If you need to be told that there's a potential danger lurking behind the CU cover then you have no right to be anywhere near it. If you need to be told not to store things near it or knock things into it then you're too stupid to be allowed to operate anything electrical not even a bloody light switch.
The world is going to hell in a handcart. People now need to be told that there are hazards inherent in every seemingly innocuous day to day activity. On the news last night there was a thing on about this year's intake of students to York university. They were told at a lecture that they shouldn't go out and get rat arsed and walk along the river banks. Bloody hell, these kids are tomorrows doctors, lawyers, politicians and industry leaders(allegedly) and they need to be bloody told this stuff!
Why can't people just man the hell up and think for themselves?
I'm going for a lie down now.

About York uni..... one ****ed up lassie got dragged out of the river at the weekend
Teenage girl in dramatic night-time river rescue - Yorkshire Post
It's always happening ..... I believe one girl died earlier this year in the same fashion.

I wouldn't be surprised if the uni lecture was at the request of the emrgency services

Maybe so, but you'll still fail your yearly assessment if you don't put the required stickers on! Even though it's a poor reason it's reason enough.

If thats the case then god help us, these scams have show they care about nothing but lining the pockets of the top brass that work for them and nothing else.

There have been several examples recently on here of proper botched installs by members if them and they have done nothing about it. If you believe a assessment will be failed because you haven't made a DB look like a teenage girls bedroom wall full of stickers then you have been well and truly been suckered into everything they believe in and not what is actually the correct thing to do.

About York uni..... one ****ed up lassie got dragged out of the river at the weekend
Teenage girl in dramatic night-time river rescue - Yorkshire Post
It's always happening ..... I believe one girl died earlier this year in the same fashion.

I wouldn't be surprised if the uni lecture was at the request of the emrgency services
Yeas mate you're right but I think that these things are gone about the wrong way. Instead of a police officer standing up on front of a class saying don't do drugs, get a seriously screwed up smack head to tell the kids "Do drugs and you could end up like me" Instead of a university lecturer, get someone who screwed themselves up and is now in a wheelchair to tell them not to go swimming while ****ed.
If they have to be told then scare the living crap out of them.
Get a con to tell them if they commit crime they'll go to jail and be violated by people bigger and harder than they are.

If thats the case then god help us, these scams have show they care about nothing but lining the pockets of the top brass that work for them and nothing else.

There have been several examples recently on here of proper botched installs by members if them and they have done nothing about it. If you believe a assessment will be failed because you haven't made a DB look like a teenage girls bedroom wall full of stickers then you have been well and truly been suckered into everything they believe in and not what is actually the correct thing to do.

What's wrong with a scheme assessor pulling you up for a deviation from the regs ?

Yeas mate you're right but I think that these things are gone about the wrong way. Instead of a police officer standing up on front of a class saying don't do drugs, get a seriously screwed up smack head to tell the kids "Do drugs and you could end up like me" Instead of a university lecturer, get someone who screwed themselves up and is now in a wheelchair to tell them not to go swimming while ****ed.
If they have to be told then scare the living crap out of them.
Get a con to tell them if they commit crime they'll go to jail and be violated by people bigger and harder than they are.

True. I wonder what happened to all the scare stories in schools ? The girl that got her scalp ripped off by a lathe for not tying her hair back in the workshop, that we all used to get told about for eg ?

Thats fair enough, but why do we have to fit all these labels just because it says so in the BGB? Why do we only have to put a danger 230 volt sticker on the DB and not every other electrical connection point on the circuits fed from it? I would expect anyone of reasonable mind to know there is a dangerous voltage in a DB without them having a great big label telling them.

Thats fair enough, but why do we have to fit all these labels just because it says so in the BGB? Why do we only have to put a danger 230 volt sticker on the DB and not every other electrical connection point on the circuits fed from it? I would expect anyone of reasonable mind to know there is a dangerous voltage in a DB without them having a great big label telling them.

As far as I am aware, no requirement for voltage labels exists apart from where Uo exceeds 230V

there,s loads of stupid stuff regarding the electrical industry,take that stupid thing about no more than 3mm of exposed metal on probes,what a load of bowlocks,anyone who can't handle a probe safely has no business opening anything up to stick the probe in!

Reply to Where do you buy these from? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net