Will The Terminologies Start Changing? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Will The Terminologies Start Changing? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've noticed the younger ones are changing the terminology of things throughout the building trade, I just wondered if the same thing is happening throughout the electrical world?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Will The Terminologies Start Changing?

Talking about terminologies in the electrical industry it has changed quite a bit, CPC for earth conductor, distribution circuit for sub main, socket for coupler, RFC for ring main, that's just off the top of me head. However it's still jargon and any experienced sparkie will understand.

but with interactive presentation devices.
We went to see dreadzone a few weeks back, in the field there was a young girl sitting on a potty totally absorbed in her 'interactive presentation device'. I was going to take a photo as it was a sign of modern times that I don't really agree with but quickly realised that if I was seen taking a photo of a two year old girl on a potty I could have some questions to answer!

Reply to Will The Terminologies Start Changing? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Promised a photo…. Remember, this was working…. And they managed to move in without hitting it…
Replies
Views
  • Question
Jumping on and off jobs can be tough going when you're less than confident as every time you go back it's like a new job. that you know little...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Question
It's a construction and electrical job. "A new kitchen ring" isn't a set price/ cost. How many devices? How many receptacles? How difficult to get...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A crimping tool that is designed for copper terminals, may well not put enough pressure on the terminal to hold the cable correctly if used with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What I find a little bit interesting is that there was an era of MFT's e.g. Robin, early Kewtech that tried to do non-trip loop tests using D-Lok...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks