Currently reading:
Will you vote?

Discuss Will you vote? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Will you vote?

• Yes

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Will spoil my voting paper

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poll should be “yes - 100%”

It is your duty as a citizen of the United Kingdom to vote. We live in a democracy.

If you refuse to vote, then you have no right to complain

If you deliberately spoil your paper, as a protest, it’s not going to make any difference.
They are counted, but only to make sure the number of slips tally up. They don’t take a note of anything that’s written on the paper, just that it’s a spoiled paper.

So… vote. It is your right.

Put me in the Reform UK pile!

I am sure there will be a surprise at how well Reform do tomorrow, if they are only likely to win two or three seats, why the massive concerted effort across the entire mainstream media to discredit them at every opportunity? Nearly everyone I speak to is voting for them

One of the reasons I have voted by post for the last 25 years or more

Hadn't foreseen these circumstances and will consider voting by post for future elections. Getting time to vote today wasn't an issue, but distance is.

Reactions: Dan
I'll be voting... For my constituency it's Conservative vs LimpDems... so a Tory vote for me, but I'd really like to vote Reform.
amazing, never heard of a constituency with only 2 parties going for the MPs position, where is that?

It is your duty as a citizen of the United Kingdom to vote. We live in a democracy.

If you deliberately spoil your paper, as a protest, it’s not going to make any difference.
They are counted, but only to make sure the number of slips tally up. They don’t take a note of anything that’s written on the paper, just that it’s a spoiled paper.

So… vote. It is your right.
It does send a message though if an extraordinary number of people spoil their ballots, it's an expression of disgust of the parlous state of politics and politicians in this country. I don't really believe in tactical voting, I think you should vote with your conscience and there is nobody standing in my constituency that my conscience will allow me to vote for, therefore with some despair I have just been and spoiled my ballot. Democracy is all but finished.

If only!

Some of the most annoying complainers I know of don't bother to vote so that is my first point - if you didn't vote then shut up!

I think the Australians have got it right in this respect, anyone eligible to vote is required by law to vote and gets a fine if they don't.

I think the Australians have got it right in this respect, anyone eligible to vote is required by law to vote and gets a fine if they don't.

I'm not sure what that achieves. Not voting is a vote in itself - an expression of being content to let others decide.

If voting was mandatory there would most definitely need to be a 'none of the above option'.

I'm not sure what that achieves. Not voting is a vote in itself - an expression of being content to let others decide.

If voting was mandatory there would most definitely need to be a 'none of the above option'.

It achieves the vast majority of the population casting a vote and the elected government being far more representative of what the people want.

As far as I know there is not a none of the above option as that would be pointless. It is still possible to spoil the ballot paper, it's technically illegal but impossible to prove as the vote is secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will you vote? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock