Bug Report: Please Fix Clicking "Unread Posts" and it loading the bottom of the page | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Bug Report: Please Fix Clicking "Unread Posts" and it loading the bottom of the page in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

DPG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Can you also fix this thing that's started lately where you click on a thread with unread posts and it scrolls right to the very bottom. Then you have to scroll right up to find the last post(s) that you haven't read yet. Very annoying. Cheers.

Solution
It has stopped I'm guessing it was dropping to the Facebook ad at the bottom which is gone.
No it isn't that mate.

I've changed forums from general discussion forums to question and answer forums and a couple of other types like article setup and stuff. Then changed them back here and there. And the forum has just lost its marker of where post 2 starts which is different depending on which forum type you're in. So I've just started the forum process of rebuilding the threads and it'll take an hour or so to recount them and whatnot.

Problem is with doing this, peoples post counts can change dramatically as it will literally recount all post in all threads in all forums.

So let's see what happens later when it's complete...
I've moved this to a thread of its own mate so I get on it.

Can those who have experienced this please reply with what browser and what device you use.

It'll help when debugging it.

(I've had the problem myself just even)

I've moved this to a thread of its own mate so I get on it.

Can those who have experienced this please reply with what browser and what device you use.

It'll help when debugging it.

(I've had the problem myself just even)

I'm chrome on Android 14. Cheers for looking into it. And happy pancake day.

Been having this problem as well

Also getting problems with scrolling down when opening some threads, I get a small window with my email address in in the viewing pane and until I click somewhere in viewing pane it will not let me scroll down with the down arrow key

Using Firefox and Windows 10

It has stopped I'm guessing it was dropping to the Facebook ad at the bottom which is gone.
No it isn't that mate.

I've changed forums from general discussion forums to question and answer forums and a couple of other types like article setup and stuff. Then changed them back here and there. And the forum has just lost its marker of where post 2 starts which is different depending on which forum type you're in. So I've just started the forum process of rebuilding the threads and it'll take an hour or so to recount them and whatnot.

Problem is with doing this, peoples post counts can change dramatically as it will literally recount all post in all threads in all forums.

So let's see what happens later when it's complete, and then after 4hrs from that everybodys local cache should have picked up a fresh copy of thread pages and it crosses fingers will be fixed. lol

Solution
I'm just clicking in this thread and when I click a post number it does shoot up to the top of "the viewing pain" (the visible part of a page that the screen is looking at) which is correct. At least now in this thread.

People: please click around a bit now see if its still doing it. And I have one more thing to try if it is.

Else then I'll have to do some debugging by removing some customisations and stuff to roll back to where it last worked right. And then go from there.

I've literally just started the process of changing plumbersforums.net to plumberstalk.net so am actually balls deep into code on that forum changing links and things to make it work right. It takes months to complete fully but the first few days are the most important. Need to monitor and fix broken links as and when they come in so am sort of whack a mole with them at the mo.

So see if you lads can break the forum now for me lol :D :D

^^^^^ That didn't work.

Ive disabled the thread scroll enhancements. I think it's that.

My eyes hurt 😞 😫

Going get my head down for a few got an early start on plumbers forums the lousy good for nothing damn thing just isn't doing what I want right now.

Does it display the first post in that place instead?
It displays like this
[ElectriciansForums.net] Bug Report: Please Fix Clicking "Unread Posts" and it loading the bottom of the page

Just blank where the last poster used to be displayed

Yeah that's intentional mate I'm just trying to get google pickup the first post and associate that with the thread title. For some threads it kept changing it to the last post which sometimes isn't about what the thread is about.

Let me give it a few weeks and I'll do a check and see what the crack is.

Reply to Bug Report: Please Fix Clicking "Unread Posts" and it loading the bottom of the page in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net