Questions and electrical advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum - Discuss Certification Schemes.

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
i have faild napit annual assessment with silly mistake of using on consumer unit type AC rcd instead of Type A rcd. i bought type A rcd but they...
Replies
Views
So bit of a back story to start off Been working with a electrician for years he’s planning on retiring next year so I’m having to get my stuff...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, been with NAPIT the last year, recently had an email saying my membership is due for renewal and the money would be taken soon, but no...
Replies
Views
Hello all just after some advice for joining a scheme provider in order to self certify work however I don’t hold a test and inspect qualification...
Replies
Views
Is anyone else having trouble logging into the NAPIT portal site. It just keeps saying wrong password. This is on several different machines and...
Replies
Views
Is there anybody out there in NAPITs Third Party Certification Scheme who would be willing to certify a new consumer unit I am wanting to install...
Replies
Views
I hope somebody can help me here, I really need some advice on who to complain to in this situation please: Hello, So after months of chasing my...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Hope this is in the right place... I have recently joined NAPIT and had my assessment. We are a limited company of two qualified...
Replies
Views
18th edition qualification. Hi NAPIT have suspended my registration until I get the 18th edition exam. Whats the easiest/cheapest way to do...
Replies
Views
I've just had a call from NAPIT saying if I don't have the 18th Edition A2 book, I will fail my next assessment. I passed my 18th edition exam and...
Replies
Views
I am registered with NAPIT in England for domestic installation and testing. Am I able to change a CU in a flat in Scotland? And am I able to...
Replies
Views
I have 2365 level 2, 8202 level 3, 2391-52 inspection and Testing, 18th edition. Can I join a scheme so I can certify etc. I have looked on the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have been full scope with STROMA and undertake EICR's in both a commercial and domestic setting, I have all quals, ins etc to undertake...
Replies
Views
Open end to end readings on ring main on rn r2 - where should this go under in schedule of inspections using napit software doing a DEICR C2?
Replies
Views
T
I want to get competent within BS5266 (I think!) i.e. fire alarms and emergency lighting. I am thinking of doing the Napit course. Any opinions on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone My Napit assessment is approaching and it would be nice to get some feedback for my planned work on my of my friends workshop. There...
Replies
Views
I decided to join Napit and my first assessment was end of October. Everything was in order but not heard anything since and status on my login...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone know what the current waiting time is to get a napit 1st assessment? I've been waiting ages now. Emailed them and they just said...
Replies
Views
I am a new buisness,I have my full testing and inspection certs all my electrical certs .what do I need to do now so I can issue certification legally
Replies
Views
Hi, does anyone have any ideas of work I could do I my own home for a 1st assessment. Struggling to think of anything that need doing...
Replies
Views
Am I right in thinking that when filling in an installation test sheet for a sub board that is fed from an mcb in another its that mcb rating i...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys. Napit sent me an email with requirements for my first assessment via zoom. Does anyone have any idea what they can ask me for 2 hours...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've got all my qualifications and want to do more work for myself. The only work I've got to show for assessment on the cps scheme is work...
Replies
Views
PLEASE HELP WE ARE AT RISK OF FURE OR SHOCK THIS IS A CODE 1,I’m disabled got no electricity in flat landlord cut it off since November 2019 to...
Replies
Views
hi guys i spoke to nappit recently after reading their codebreakers book,it said code 2 for all cables which are buried in the wall less than 50mm...
Replies
Views
The below video is quite funny and makes the regulation by private companies quite funny... but slightly worrying.
Replies
Views
Did half an EICR this morning, finishing it off tomorrow night. I tried Napit Mobile for the first time. What an annoying counterintuitive process...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I am trying to decide on the best 18th cert software package. I would like something that has a bit more uumpph than the standard...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some advice which course I should sign up for? I want to sign up with Napit as EICR qualified electrician. I want to eventually be...
Replies
Views
Anybody else had a phone call and/or email from NAPIT offering membership £100 cheaper than NICEIC?
Replies
Views
Hi , I am a bit confused on this one.Been asked to test a mobile cafe,(also have 2394 and 5) but am not a member of any of the above bodies, can I...
Replies
Views
T
Does anyone know what this is/been on it for what I have been told it is not a C & G course but is for those who haven't so they can become members?
Replies
Views
O
An incompetent builder with Napit logo: No certs No RCD protection on a number of modified circuits Mixing different makes of smoke alarms Cable...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. Ive just completed my 17th Edition, have my ECS card and I want to go self employed. What is the best scheme for me to join?
Replies
Views
I am really struggling with the section 7 of the Napit Installation Cert. The reason is because the demo forms I have filled in during the course...
Replies
Views
Can anyone use this cert or do you have to be napit? Does anyone else do such a thing?
Replies
Views
I am currently dealing with napit on behalf of a customer. She had a new cu installed several months ago by a napit registered electrician. She...
Replies
Views
Hello guys I am really conflict as to who I should go with as i am looking to go it alone this year. Napit are cheaper and less fuss - however...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I will be doing a kitchen rewire in a domestic house which i want to use for my Napit inspection. Existing consumer unit has not enough...
Replies
Views
Seen this mentioned a couple of times and wondered if there's any truth in it?
Replies
Views
Had my first NAPIT assessment today. He came and looked at a rewire I've recently done and went through all my paperwork back at my office. He was...
Replies
Views
Just a quick one what's the cost of approved contractor with napit and what's your thoughts experiences with them thanks in advance
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
Hi All Im considering joining Napit or NIC in order to self certificate. Just wondered if any of the pros have any advice which might be better...
Replies
Views
Evening Folks, I use the above forms on laptop. Generally write roughly then type up at home. I did download the latest Adobe...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, yesterday I passed my napit assessment, the assessor was impressed by the way carried out some of the tests he wanted me to perform, it...
Replies
Views
DuaneMHunt1976
D
Just looking at the Elex Show at Sandown, and Napit have a rather strange offer; NAPIT - £100 off selected applications. Looks like they are...
Replies
Views
Just a quick un as I am in bed ill and bored! It's just a word of warning. Just noticed when I tried to top up my notification credits the...
Replies
Views
Im looking to join a Scheme and was thinking NIC was the best and most Recognised but am being told there are a handful to deal with vey expensive...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock