Discuss Mains power to electric shower only 0.6v??? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
90s house electric issues continues 🥲

So after getting some good advice here I've managed to sort out some of the heating issues so thank you for that everyone 🙏

I'm seem to have a few bugs and keep chasing problems

So my current issue is downstairs shower only has hot water with no power to the pump.

Bath and basin both working fine.

I've taken off the cover and checked the feed has plenty of cold water that's no problem.

I've checked the mains and not getting 230v from the main supply.

Now being an early 90s I don't think it has a fuse link like the 2 upstairs shower with the little red light near the units.

If searched high and low and doesn't seem to be one anywhere nor an individual fuse on the board.

Using a multimeter I've established its getting a tiny feed of power (0.622v) when 2 of the circuit breakers are ON, both seem to feed power to the unit, flick one on I get the (0.6v with with either)

Here's my readings with all mains on

Negative probe to earth (ac)

(N) - 0.566v
(L) - 0.622v

Earth to Negative - 0.0558v

Is it possible I have a faulty mains circuit breaker or one of the board breakers?

my goodness, waiting with excitement here with a bucket of popcorn lol, question 1, what did you test the voltage with? question 2 can you tell us what good advice you got here? question 3 what competency do you have? question 4= never mind the team here will help you I am sure.

my goodness, waiting with excitement here with a bucket of popcorn lol, question 1, what did you test the voltage with? question 2 can you tell us what good advice you got here? question 3 what competency do you have? question 4= never mind the team here will help you I am sure

Question 1 do you prefer buttered, salted or sweet salted? I'm guessing salty 😜

1. Auto range multimeter (used on mains before when testing the burner reads correctly)

2. Fault testing timer/ burner/ valves (fault finding)

3. Automotive engineer handy enough, trade experience as classic car restoration had plenty of wiring issues with cars, engine swaps etc and decent enough to diagnose and repair them (but touching those wires won't kill me 😂)

4. That's why I'm here, to get some help and get a better understanding of domestic wiring and learn

And trying to get one of the elusive electrician kinds here in Wexford Ireland is quite the task

Reactions: DPG

Reply to Mains power to electric shower only 0.6v??? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net