Search the forum,

Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

That would explain why cables blow themselves to pieces.
It's all starting to make sense now!

Many factors involved, depends on the cable size, (they also have a KA/s withhold rating too) length of cable etc. More chance on a short length of cable, say between TX and Main Switchboard, than on a long run (depending where the fault occurs), as the cable will act as resistance/impedance, limiting the fault current the transformer can deliver into the fault...

As i say too many factors involved that can/will influence each other, to pick-up on just one aspect and predict what will happen under a given fault condition.
Safe to say, any fault that involves the full fault current of a transformer, will always be catastrophic, ...and expensive!! lol!!

Engineer 54 you are obviously very knowledgeable but I've never seen you post any pics of your work up, come on I think it's time to show us lol

Should have asked a couple of weeks ago. Not that i have much in the way of past project photo's anyway!! What i do have are on the PC, and it's too late getting that out of mothballs now, as i'm off flying back tomorrow!! So you'll have to wait till the summer now!! lol!!

53601.PNG
here he is

Rewire sorting this mess out. Will post drawings and other stuff gradually as I do them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 707
Rough and missing terminal numbers, just rough copies before a proper computer drawing neat and standardised. Pretty basic circuit as you can see but I thought I'd share

This is just a control panel for a Plasma Nitrider. The complicated side of this machine is all in an Electronic Circuit (which I have the drawings for if anyone is interested) it's packed full of inverters and rectifiers. The more complicated stuff comes with the Arc Detection parameters. My company had a Romanian Physicist custom make it for us, he apparently works on the LHC now lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by a moderator:
I know some of you speed freaks would have done this in 40 minutes but it took me a couple of days.

New board.jpg

Looking Good there!! Have you ever considering installing Slotted Panel Trunking to inside of the DB instead of cable ties around the cabling?? I always do this and think it looks neat, and a lot easier if need to trace cables out at a later date.
Not a critisism just some of my knowledge and learnings from over time.
Regards Darren

Rough and missing terminal numbers, just rough copies before a proper computer drawing neat and standardised. Pretty basic circuit as you can see but I thought I'd share

This is just a control panel for a Plasma Nitrider. The complicated side of this machine is all in an Electronic Circuit (which I have the drawings for if anyone is interested) it's packed full of inverters and rectifiers. The more complicated stuff comes with the Arc Detection parameters. My company had a Romanian Physicist custom make it for us, he apparently works on the LHC now lol.

IMG_1924.jpg

Just a quick update, getting there, just doing bits and bobs when I can. Not as pretty as I'd like lol but getting rushed to do things, have to show progress while dealing with other breakdowns and what not. Also I duno what's happening with my photos lol

Attachments

• IMG_1924.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 397
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back