Currently reading:
**Show Us Your Installs!!!**

Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spudnik

Right chaps,

Due to a few unavoidable issues, we have lost the original thread and pics etc.

Sorry about that!!!

So, if you want to re-upload your pics then great, if not, give us something new!

Cheers!!

There is a serious lack of extraction over that Aga. That is a good point....Ill be sure to shout through the garden window from my sun lounger to remind the wife to keep the patio doors open when she cooks and to keep a tray handy to waft the smoke out the window.

Phew, almost had to agree with you there and admit is just ISNT practical. close call

Y
There is a serious lack of extraction over that Aga. That is a good point....Ill be sure to shout through the garden window from my sun lounger to remind the wife to keep the patio doors open when she cooks and to keep a tray handy to waft the smoke out the window.

Phew, almost had to agree with you there and admit is just ISNT practical. close call

You haven't convinced me!! lol!!

Haha.

Look, sometimes in life you have to embrace the fact that not everything can serve form as well as function. Sometimes it's just one or the other.

The Ford Mustang GT500 - looks phenomenal, sounds incredible, has all the appeal a man needs...... drives like a bath tub on an ice rink.

Kate Upton - beauty beyond description, air bags that defy reality (more than can be said for the mustang that's for sure) and the grace of a snowflake.... but you wouldn't take her down the pub quiz with the lads in any attempt at coming first and getting your hands on that Jar of £1 coins or the free sunday carvery.

Sometimes you just have to enjoy the look of something instead

1MVA genset in East London. 300mm tri-rate in parallel.
WP_000015.jpgWP_000014.jpgWP_000016.jpgWP_000020.jpgWP_000021.jpgWP_000022.jpgWP_000023.jpgWP_000024.jpgWP_000025.jpg

What would be a more professional finish to those tails then? Sleeve rather than tape?

Never use PVC tape on terminations of this type, (they will always come adrift after time) always, always heat shrink, that goes for phase colour identification too. I also like to see an infill of amalgamating tape between the sheath end and lug to give a smooth finish when the heat shrink is applied. The N and L1 connections should have been to the opposite side of the bar, gives maximum clearance between conductors. Sheath has been cut back too far for my liking and not uniform.

Mainly it's just aesthetics, but it does make a difference to the finished job!!

Was feeling quite creative when the cat died, so mounted some LED's in her eyes and fitted a photocell in the top of her head :) Just need another one now to make a matching pair. :D

It's what she would have wanted......

LEDcat.jpg

Never mind the tape on the terminations. Plastic cable ties on the tails? Under heavy fault they will break free and whip about. They should be held in trefoil with metal strapping or aluminium cleats.
An electrician’s mate was killed in one company I worked at when a fault caused the transformer tails to repel and throw the floor plates up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not being a facetious little ****...break free from where?[/QUOTE
Tony has a valid point, ...Hes referring to pic #3, ...Plastic ties won't hold these cables in place on the occurrence of a heavy fault!! Cables carrying heavy fault current act like a fireman's hose under pressure, without a fireman or two holding it in place.

Generally, on panels where heavy cables are passing through a cable cabinet to a connection point a means of bracing those cables should be provided...

If you look at pic #2, you will see an example of bus bar bracing!! All panel bracing is designed to cope with the KA rating of the panel. If this is a 1MVA Gen-set, probably around 20 to 25KA

Last edited by a moderator:
Good points made by everybody concerned. I'll bear them in mind for future works. Never even considered the tie wrap scenario
Would the same happen with 4-c SWA? Generally you see them just tie-wrapped to the ladder racking, tray, ect.

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock