• Thread starter babba
  • Start date
  • Replies 53
  • Views 10K

Currently reading:
£13,880 For a 1.6KW...

Discuss £13,880 For a 1.6KW... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just had a look at their website, there's a lot of content coming soon. I'm wondering if this is going to be the phoenix

This is the double glazing industry in a different hat.

Years ago I knew a company that were **** double glazing, they would go bust, over the weekend the vans would be changed to**** windows and doors, then they would be **** windows, same yellow vans, same premises, same staff, and as far as the public knew they were still ****, the company that did double glazing.
It is sad that there are people that operate in this manner, but sadly they do.
The law is supposed to protect the consumer, but if you are that way inclined it is easy to get around....
Even if an individual gets banned through the court from running a business, they just set one up in their wifes name...

The directors.....or should that be "Shadow" directors of Solar Energy Savings.....have been found guilty of fraudulent practices and face unlimited fines and jail...SAS alarm sharks set to be stripped of their assets over unfair commercial practices - The Daily Record

However as we all know that will not stop them. We are installing a job last week in Cumbernauld when we noticed two of their "Marketeers" cold calling round about our install. Young lads both armed with Ipads....not expense spared.

Just spoke to someone else who was conned by this scam earlier in the year. From what I gather, they had a 4kWp system installed for £15k with the promise that they would receive ALL their money back. Company has now gone bump and these pensioners - in their mid 70s - are now talking about selling their house.

The MCS and REAL are, frankly, useless against this kind of thing so we may as well do away with them.

Somecamel,
You are correct the scumbags are back ultra energy global ltd eastkilbride based next to there installer company. Some pics are the same from there old website as well. There starting prices are £7999 with a free eco optimiser wow. Oh and 200 watt panels what a deal..............

The are not MCS registerd and i assume real never checked that. Its shocking that they can get away with this . T
wiggly

[h=2]Definite links to Solar Energy Savings theres a lot on the net about them hopefully people wont get caught out.

Director Summary[/h] Robert Orr Ross has 3 company director or secretary appointments.
Short name - Robert Ross
Director ID : 916273381
Year of Birth: 1965

[h=2]Address[/h] Afm House 6 Crofthead Road
Prestwick
Ayrshire
United Kingdom
KA9 1HW

[h=2]Company Summary[/h]
Company NameCompany Status
ULTRA ENERGY GLOBAL LTDActive
SOLAR ENERGY SAVINGS LTDIn Liquidation (Director Resigned 12/03/2012)
EPH MAINTENANCE LIMITEDActive (Director Resigned 01/10/2012)
Wiggly

it get's worse.

EPH maintenance are the installation company that installed for SES, and will now be installing for UEG, and yet REAL haven't made the connection, and are treating them all like separate entities as if EPH have no responsibility for the activities of SES as theres was a buisness to business transaction.

Surely as the installation company for SES, they were responsible for the whole MCS process. As SES have blatantly took the **** out of the MCS and REAL, how on Earth can EPH still be operating - and still conning people out of hard earned money.

Its the same everywhere !

REAL and the MCS registration bodies are just milking us, nobody cares at the top and no company seems to get their MCS revoked.
Nobody ever gets thrown out because that would be less rmembership income.....

I have given up hope that this industry will ever being policed properly so we have done a deal with a no win no fee solicitor and launched this site earlier today.

Renewable Rescue - Repairing Solar PV & Thermal Installations

It only got started this morning so we have someone working on the page content all this week. We are getting paid to produce reports on installations best described as poor and the solicitors are going to take up the matters by issuing proceedings against the installation company concerned, REAL and the MCS registration body.

Hopefully someone will then start kicking out the companies that are destroying this industry.
A lot of the customers should get all or a portion of their monies back whether it is repaid from the member, the MCS body or indeed REAL.

If this industry was being policed properly there would be no need to involve solicitors.

As a company we should not have to resort to this measure to get the bad apples removed from the orchard but :-

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Under EU law auditors are responsible. The solicitor says it is capped and I think they said it was called LLA.
However the MCS bodies and REAL should have insured against it.

Lets be honest the entire industry would be in a better place if the membership crossbar had not been continually lowered and the rogues had been thrown out. The fact that the REAL have failed to police the system to the level consumers would have expected is not our fault.

Its fine to audit us and say you haven't got this piece of paper or that piece of paper but when you print out pictures of installations that are appalling or direct them to threads on this site you get the Gaelic shrug !

I fail to see how REAL has protected the consumer.

Companies that have been in the Daily Mail, in a Which report and on Watchdog or getting fined in local courts by trading standards seem to be able to maintain membership.

Maybe refunding some customers monies would make all the clipboard carriers wake up a bit !

The idea of that no win no fee site is good there is one problem.

if the installer gave the correct calculations on SAP then theres nothing you can do.

I know most of those installs will not meet there Sap calculations but this is why we all have to put this statment in our quotes

''the performance of solar pv is impossible to predict blah blah blah .......

I can see it now all the no win no fee ads ....

Let us know how you get on with send a link to the REAL of this site .

Its the same everywhere !

REAL and the MCS registration bodies are just milking us, nobody cares at the top and no company seems to get their MCS revoked.
Nobody ever gets thrown out because that would be less rmembership income.....

I have given up hope that this industry will ever being policed properly so we have done a deal with a no win no fee solicitor and launched this site earlier today.

Renewable Rescue - Repairing Solar PV & Thermal Installations

It only got started this morning so we have someone working on the page content all this week. We are getting paid to produce reports on installations best described as poor and the solicitors are going to take up the matters by issuing proceedings against the installation company concerned, REAL and the MCS registration body.

Hopefully someone will then start kicking out the companies that are destroying this industry.
A lot of the customers should get all or a portion of their monies back whether it is repaid from the member, the MCS body or indeed REAL.

If this industry was being policed properly there would be no need to involve solicitors.

As a company we should not have to resort to this measure to get the bad apples removed from the orchard but :-

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Love the Gallery of installs :)

Reply to £13,880 For a 1.6KW... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock