2 conductors in the same Wago connector hole | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2 conductors in the same Wago connector hole in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've just watched a video on youtube about installing a bathroom extractor fan off of the light switch.

In it the guy says how much easier this is when you use Wago connector blocks rather than a ceiling rose (about 7 and a half minutes in). He's using Wago 3-way lever connector 222 blocks, but of course 3 of the blocks need 4 connections, so he's shoved 2 conductors into the same hole.

Is this safe / ok? I guess 5-way connectors wouldn't fit in the box, and (as far as I can tell) they don't sell 4-way connectors.

Any advice much appreciated.

I certainly would never do that. It doesn't take many brain cells to imagine that there is a high chance of a poor quality connection doing this, especially with solid core conductors as the dipstick in the video has done.

On a side note, anybody using wire strippers isn't a proper sparks :D

I certainly would never do that. It doesn't take many brain cells to imagine that there is a high chance of a poor quality connection doing this, especially with solid core conductors as the dipstick in the video has done.

On a side note, anybody using wire strippers isn't a proper sparks :D

Definitely agree with this. If it's got two slots, it's meant for two conductors. Although he makes it look as if it's got a good connection. I don't think it really is.

I've often wonder myself, as I couldn't find any info on that subject on the WAGO site. I have experimented, putting two conductors into the same connection, tugging one or either conductor, can result in one coming loose from the terminal. I guess any slight discrepancy in the same conductor size can prevent a secure clamp of said conductor.

Much better to use the one conductor into single clamp connection, and use a Wago XL box to accommodate the larger clamp connectors.
Of course you wouldn't think of twisting two conductors together and use one clamp connection, would you :eek:

Thanks for the responses - I thought it was probably not a good idea trying to fit 2 into the same slot.

So you're going to need 3 x 4-way connector and 1 x 3-way connector, which will take up quite a bit of space. What kind of box would accommodate all of that?

So you're going to need 3 x 4-way connector and 1 x 3-way connector, which will take up quite a bit of space. What kind of box would accommodate all of that?

If it's loop in (L/I), loop out (L/O), switch (S), light (L) and fan (F), you're going to need (these are standard size push connectors):-

1 x 6w (CPC - L/I, L/O, S, L, F)
3 x 4W (P/L - L/I, L/O, S, F) (S/L - S, L, F) (N - L/I, L/O, L, F)

They will fit quite comfortably in a standard Wagobox.

I doubt prof stephen hawking pondered this before his death. So the forum will decide....
Is it permissable to mix and match different makes of push fit connectors
Ie wago and them other ones by ideal as shown below and put them in the same wago box or other similar mf enclosure..
Even if not against the regs...is it a mortal sin?

[ElectriciansForums.net] 2 conductors in the same Wago connector hole

That's the advantage of screw terminals, you can shove whatever conductors you like in and then tighten down.
The other advantage is cost.
Even then, especially with 3 conductors, it's common to fail the pull out test after tightening the screw firmly.

I've just watched a video on youtube about installing a bathroom extractor fan off of the light switch.

In it the guy says how much easier this is when you use Wago connector blocks rather than a ceiling rose (about 7 and a half minutes in). He's using Wago 3-way lever connector 222 blocks, but of course 3 of the blocks need 4 connections, so he's shoved 2 conductors into the same hole.

Is this safe / ok? I guess 5-way connectors wouldn't fit in the box, and (as far as I can tell) they don't sell 4-way connectors.

Any advice much appreciated.
No not a good idea to do what Matey did and yes you can get 4 way Wagos

Reply to 2 conductors in the same Wago connector hole in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net