3 lighting circuit in 1G switch | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 lighting circuit in 1G switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

branco

Hi guys,
i was wondering if i can control 3 or 2 lighting circuits in 1g switch and control them separately.
any ideas if it is possible?
any advice is appreciated.
thanks

If you want to switch on/off 3 lighting circuits from one 1 gang switch then just use a contactor. Simples.
Yes as Skelton says the OP says independently off 1 gang switch but its since been established he meant a single back box when he said 1gang not a 1gang switch.

As ive already said before it can be done a 1gang switch doing three seperate circuits and given you the option of having the seperate circuits on or off in any order.

As irrelevant as this thread now is, concerning the discussion of independant control of three seperate lighting circuits using a three gang switch with nothing but a single feed and a single switched line it would be impossible to do with a single contactor. As DW said, there are a few ways to do this but the simplest way (short of using a wireless device) would be to use an ELV control circuit to feed the switch, use resistors at the switch and current sensing relays for the lighting circuits.

or a plc with pulse counting programmed into it then 1gang switch with 2wire system will work.... you just use a spring return switch and press x number of times for the row you want and it will change state ....easy peasy ;)

To be honest I've completely lost the plot on this one...

now what was the original question?

I don't even think the OP knows the answer to that one!

By far the most cost effective way of doing it DW :D

60 quid plc half hour programming and 2 hrs installing..... trying chopping, plastering and running extra supplies at least a day on average ....... both on a par with costs and my way barely no disruption. Done it before where they were quoted 450 for job and i did it for 200 as above.... so not so 'sarcasm aside' bad in the cost effective terms.

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing getting houses loaded up with PLCs. It'd get them 5WWs running for the hills whenever confronted with one! Actually, scrap that, they'd only end up getting ripped out. Who needs those 'wierd computer thingies' controlling lighting circuits anyway lol. Bung in the T+E!

All academic now,but could use old style control box with latching interlock relays,can control 2,3 or 4 functions then off,with single sprung switch.Used to be regular DC method with 2 core on site welding/pumping units.Now you can do it using an ipod....

Reply to 3 lighting circuit in 1G switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net