Currently reading:
4000TL Problems

Discuss 4000TL Problems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

woko

Hi,
I installed a system two days ago with 16 245w suntechs and a SMA 4000tl. My customer rang me earlier to tell me it had only produced 0.6Kwh.

From what I can gather the inverter keeps switch off (green light flashing). I fully checked the system before leaving and it was operating fine.

I moved the rotary switched to 5 and 8 before I turned the inverter on.

I've also been told that changing the grid monitoring voltage to 261v using sunny explorer can help.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers

Are you sure that the inverter has only produced 0.6kWh and it isn't just the fact the meter isn't working correctly?

Grid voltage could be the issue - get a reading on it and see what it comes out at.

Sma have dropped one, some are g59 some g83 I would check first, ha I went off at krannich and accused them of sending me loads of faulty ones, I guess it's just one of those things, poor bloke on the end got it both barrels. Don't even bother ringing sma

Are you sure that's right? The dials on the inverter will force it into the parameters you require anyway. And if the inverter is set to G59 settings then surely these parameters are even more tolerant and there is less likelihood of a problem.

if you got it from krannich call their tech guy wayne he will get it sorted. as i remember their is a dial that you can set the parameters however you need to do thios in the first 24 or you have to hook up with a lap top via bluetooth this is a ball ache

Is the meter the wrong way round? It may have used 0.6kWh on standby ......

What does the display on the inverter say?

sma 4000tl if you set the dial to 5 and 8 BEFORE turning it on !!!!! I FIND YOU HAVE TO THEN TURN THESE INVERTERS BACK OFF AND ON !!!1 then the setting changes to g83 ????

set dials
turn on (says ensure dc supply)
turn off let it screen go blank
turn on (says g83)

does any one else do this ????

Yes I have to turn every 400tl on and off after setting it to 5 and 8 (G83/english).
A lot of sunny boys need setting to 5 and 8 in my experience. It depends on the wholesaler, some set it for you other just post it to you as it comes.

You should not rely on wholesalers to configure your kit. It is reasonable that they should ship UK spec'd equipment, and if that is not what is shipped, I'd send it back.

If you deal with some of the better wholesalers, e.g. CCL and tell them what you want, you will usually get it configured how you want it. You should still check it and reconfigure if nescessary - the 4000TL under a G83 stage 2 application (>3.68 kWp) for example, you will probably need to modify some of the parameters as required by the DNO, for that you will need a Grid Guard code, laptop, sunny explorer and a good bluetooth dongle USB 2.0 Bluetooth Version 2.0 EDR 100m Swivel Dongles : Bluetooth Dongles : Maplin

Last edited:
I'd be inclined to check the meter is wired the right way round too as has been mentioned. 0.6 sound pretty much like the system has registered nothing at all. Some of the landys meters i have installed begin at 0.8.
Does the inverter have a total produced or is it on zero?

I had a 4000TL installed in July with 3.9kw of panels, and it kept cutting out. I finally found from out SMA that it was supplied with G59/2 settings, "which are usually required by your distribution network operator (DNO) for this size of solar inverter" and suggested that the installer contact the DNO and get their agreement to raise the AC grid voltage on the inverter, from 252V. No reply from my installer and they do not respond to email nor phonwe calls. As the inverter has been running for so long i understood that you cannot just turn it all off, turn the dials, and then turn it back on. Additionally i thought G83 limited current to 16A, but my system has exceeded 17A so will it not still cut out? FYI the 4000TL is not on the list of G83/1-1 Compliant Inverters as accepted by SSE.

Reply to 4000TL Problems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock