app for taking card payments | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss app for taking card payments in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

sjhall

-
Reaction score
Any of you guys take payment via a phone app .... Credit / debit card payments into your account.

Any recommendations ?

Cheers

No, don't use it yet. I was just researching not too long ago. Come to think of it, they might not have launched it yet in the UK. However there is mpowa. Swiped transactions range fom about 2.5 -3.5%

Sumup do it also 2.75% free card reader and no monthly charges. I'm definitely going to get one as the minute I leave a job the chances of seeing any money seems to fall dramatically..... :(

I saw this company (Payleven) at ELEX Coventry and they are offering 'no monthly fee' mobile payments at the moment, on the iPhone or Andriod devices. At the moment you need a dongle with your device, but they are looking to offer chip and pin. It certainly looked interesting and no monthly fees is attractive. I'm training my customers to pay electronically, but there are some who still use cheques and I doubt they would use a chip and pin anyway!

Comptonspark

Just looking at payleven, seems only to take mastercard not visa, also read terms and the fee is not evident, do you know what percentage they take of the transaction?

The current trial is (I think ) free. I didn't get any idea of the transaction fees as yet. I'm not sure they have been finalised.I think Visa support comes with the chip and pin.
thats about all I know on this one. They might be at ELEX this week if anybody is going.

Reply to app for taking card payments in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net