Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower Fault - Identify Part | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower Fault - Identify Part in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kippo

-
Reaction score
Hi All

I have an issue with my shower and I suspect it's the solenoid.
The original fault is that the shower either wouldn't switch on at all, or it very briefly powers on, see video

I removed the front panel and as you can see below, manually pressing the plastic arm starts the water flowing, and it is heated too (i know the danger of using the shower in that state whilst live) so there is no issue with power reaching the unit.

I suspect that the faulty part is the solenoid, but is the part (arrowed below) actually the solenoid, as it doesn't look like other I've seen?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower Fault - Identify Part

And if so where can i purchase a replacement? P/N FW343A1P1

Many thanks

Well I bought a new build house in 2012 from taylor wimpey and there was an aqualisa quartz 9.5KW shower installed. Within a year the pcb had failed so got a new front cover under warranty .( as 2 year warranty from house warranty) ..that one lasted till 2019 ..wow ,,then failed so got another from DHS spares ..that has lasted till now ( 3 years).....so i'm about to replace the original cover for a third time in 10 years .
Why on earth cant they sort out the PCB?
Also had to replace the engine once ...you know its the engine is kaputt when a trickle of water/steam come out the shower head
My advice ....Forget Aqualisa unless you want to cough £70 o £100 every few years1

Hi All

I have an issue with my shower and I suspect it's the solenoid.
The original fault is that the shower either wouldn't switch on at all, or it very briefly powers on, see video

I removed the front panel and as you can see below, manually pressing the plastic arm starts the water flowing, and it is heated too (i know the danger of using the shower in that state whilst live) so there is no issue with power reaching the unit.

I suspect that the faulty part is the solenoid, but is the part (arrowed below) actually the solenoid, as it doesn't look like other I've seen?

And if so where can i purchase a replacement? P/N FW343A1P1

Many thanks

View attachment 48284

View attachment 48285

did you fix it ??? i have exactly the same issue, i have measure 240ac going to that board behind the switch, the switch works and measureable components seem to do what they are supposed to. I havent measured the voltage going out the solenoid yet, thats next, but it looks just like your problem ... fingers crossed. and thanks in advance. Graham

Cannot view your videos for some reason but had a similar problem with one of these in the past. I cannot remember exactly but seem to remember there were a couple of spring loaded plastic caps inside the thing which were packed with some sort of grease that had gone solid. Cleaning it all out and regreasing with Vaseline sorted it out.

I'm having the same issue. Removed the front cover and inspected the PCB, it is indeed black behind the resistors that are connected to the solenoid. Continuity seems OK though, and they still measure OK.
I checked the solenoid and it has 4.8k across the terminals. I haven't managed to find a replacement or test an alternative yet, but I suspect the reason the PCB is being burned out (and some people need it replacing frequently) is because of the high resistance.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower Fault - Identify Part
    PXL_20241020_135402513.MP.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • [ElectriciansForums.net] Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower Fault - Identify Part
    PXL_20241020_135422148.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

Reply to Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower Fault - Identify Part in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net