Board Changeover Tips | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Board Changeover Tips in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey all, doing my 1st board changeover next week(I'm industrial/commercial apprentice but CU change in a house), gaffer will be keeping an eye on me during changeover and testing but wondering what tips you have to keep it smooth? Apparantly an 8 and 10 way needing new boards, gaffer is organising new boards and crimps etc.
Thanks, oh and it's in my managing directors house so no pressure :willy_nilly:

I have to say after reading many of your posts along with trev, mdj, and telectrix you do give the best advice to peoples queries and without guys like you lot this forum would not be same!!!
Jeeze it must be friday with me writing nice stuff like this !!!
Thanks very much Daz, I'm honoured to be thought of let alone mentioned in the same breath as some of our learned friends on here mate. Some of them seem to have forgotten more than I ever knew:)

Thanks very much Daz, I'm honoured to be thought of let alone mentioned in the same breath as some of our learned friends on here mate. Some of them seem to have forgotten more than I ever knew:)

Ha your welcome trev.... The difference is that you guys give a direct answer to a question and explain yourselves very well getting the information across.
For a guy like me who qualified just a few year back and still consider myself a novice compared to you blokes, it is great to just sit back and digest your advice and learn a thing or two.
Without all the handbags and toot that goes on....although some do deserve a good rollocking i admit!!

Now I'm confused as to who is whos love child ......

- - - Updated - - -

Ha your welcome trev.... The difference is that you guys give a direct answer to a question and explain yourselves very well getting the information across.
For a guy like me who qualified just a few year back and still consider myself a novice compared to you blokes, it is great to just sit back and digest your advice and learn a thing or two.

OK, so whos love child are you .......

How on earth did it get from a consumer unit change to a love child !!!!!
one thing id do is Ze prior to the board change also basic tests get a marker pen and mark what appears to be the rings for instance one ring a dash on each of the lives 2 rings 2 dashes 3 ring 3 dashes , they may not be rings could be two radials but it will give you a better idea , the other thing is count the cables lost a lighting circuit once it was stuck in the recesses on the back of the board ,dont be scared to write on the cables what the circuit is makes life so much easier , take a picture of before and after then stick it on here so we can all see , dont rush take your time and do a nice neat job

one thing id do is Ze prior to the board change also basic tests get a marker pen and mark what appears to be the rings for instance one ring a dash on each of the lives 2 rings 2 dashes 3 ring 3 dashes , they may not be rings could be two radials but it will give you a better idea , the other thing is count the cables lost a lighting circuit once it was stuck in the recesses on the back of the board ,dont be scared to write on the cables what the circuit is makes life so much easier , take a picture of before and after then stick it on here so we can all see , dont rush take your time and do a nice neat job bit like Howard really got a waldrobe full of T Shirts

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Board Changeover Tips
    Dylis Hefin thomas 005.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 109
one thing id do is Ze prior to the board change also basic tests get a marker pen and mark what appears to be the rings for instance one ring a dash on each of the lives 2 rings 2 dashes 3 ring 3 dashes , they may not be rings could be two radials but it will give you a better idea , the other thing is count the cables lost a lighting circuit once it was stuck in the recesses on the back of the board ,dont be scared to write on the cables what the circuit is makes life so much easier , take a picture of before and after then stick it on here so we can all see , dont rush take your time and do a nice neat job bit like Howard really got a waldrobe full of T Shirts

Even better than markers, get some of these, especially for changing 3 phase boards :)

[ElectriciansForums.net] Board Changeover Tips

Reply to Board Changeover Tips in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Recommended Sponsor News

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back