Board Changeover Tips | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Board Changeover Tips in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey all, doing my 1st board changeover next week(I'm industrial/commercial apprentice but CU change in a house), gaffer will be keeping an eye on me during changeover and testing but wondering what tips you have to keep it smooth? Apparantly an 8 and 10 way needing new boards, gaffer is organising new boards and crimps etc.
Thanks, oh and it's in my managing directors house so no pressure :willy_nilly:

Not the best but the cables came in an awkward position. I prefer them to enter at the top but couldn't on this occasion

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Board Changeover Tips
    uploadfromtaptalk1396044517866.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 85
Wow, thats hell of grouping factor you must have applied to those circuits and still manged to keep the cable ratings!

Lol. I tie wrapped them as tight as I could as well just to keep them close. I'm sure a coupe of tie wraps on a domestic board with minimal load isn't going to bring the house down.

Lol. I tie wrapped them as tight as I could as well just to keep them close. I'm sure a coupe of tie wraps on a domestic board with minimal load isn't going to bring the house down.

It was a nice tidy job, very professional Onions. Have you tried a curve board yet? loads of room and even with RCBOs in them there is still 3" from the RCBO to the earth and neutral bars at the top of the board, Brilliant to connect up, so easy and worth a try.

I will try one on the next one. I find the wylex is tight with the rcbos in it. Because of where the cables came in if u didn't tie wrap them they wouldn't stay in place. And these propertys have been future proofed so no extra circuits will need to be added therefore no one should need to work on the board except for future eicrs . But I do agree the tie wraps aren't the best.

I will try one on the next one. I find the wylex is tight with the rcbos in it. Because of where the cables came in if u didn't tie wrap them they wouldn't stay in place. And these propertys have been future proofed so no extra circuits will need to be added therefore no one should need to work on the board except for future eicrs . But I do agree the tie wraps aren't the best.

That was a very tidy Job, I have seen far worse and to be fair I wouldn't have been quite so precise, The wraps were not needed but it was not anything other than a good quality Job M8.

Its not so much the future proofing, more if a cable needs ripping out in the future, obviously not too bad in a small DB like that one, more when you have a 24 way 3p DB full and all the cables are ties together and you are trying to remove a cable and spend half a hour trying to find the bloody things.

Reply to Board Changeover Tips in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Recommended Sponsor News

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back