bonding to water pipe. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss bonding to water pipe. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have recently done an EICR test on a flat. The only issue being that the water pipe is not bonded at the stop cock. The stop cock itself is located just outside the flat front door in a service cupboard - the trouble is the pipes are all plastic in the service cupboard and under the floor into the flat.
It seems to be that all pipe on show is plastic, the only copper pipe I have found is in the water tank cupboard which is nowhere near the point of entry or the stop cock and is permanently screwed shut.

My question is where should I bond it?

If you are not going to test it to prove it isn't extraneous, you will have to bond it.

If you can prove it isn't, then don't.

Parallel paths to earth via cpc's on boilers and such like will obviously make below the required 22k ohms. But if you cannot or will not disconnect them and PROVE it isn't extraneous then bond it.

That's the way I see it anyway...

I have recently done an EICR test on a flat. The only issue being that the water pipe is not bonded at the stop cock. The stop cock itself is located just outside the flat front door in a service cupboard - the trouble is the pipes are all plastic in the service cupboard and under the floor into the flat.
It seems to be that all pipe on show is plastic, the only copper pipe I have found is in the water tank cupboard which is nowhere near the point of entry or the stop cock and is permanently screwed shut.

My question is where should I bond it?

HERE IS THE TEST!!! QR code 2 -- Protective supplementary bonding test - YouTube

Reply to bonding to water pipe. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net