Can some one please have look at this and see if they can HELP :( | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Can some one please have look at this and see if they can HELP :( in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PeterPan27

Hi all

I basically need to know requirments for lighting, small power, fire protection, security and data requirements for a 2 bedroom house.

Front room 12ft by 10 ft
hall 6 x 5 ft
kitchen 10x8
1st bedroom 12x10
2nd bedroom 10x 9
bathroom 7x6
landing 8 x 3

this is for a btec assignment, i have been racking my head on for few weeks, finding it real hard and just cant find any answer.

Can some one help? can reply on here or viz provate msg.
Thanks
PP

well i would do a ring circuit for down stairs using 2.5mm cable oon a 32 amp type b 60898 fuse.
then i would do a lighting circuit in 1.5mm cable loop to loop on a 6 amp mcb.
cooker on a 6mm cable 40 amp mcb
shower on a 10mm cable on a 40 amp
ring upstairs on same value as down stairs just sep mcb
same with lighting seperate mcb on 6am
data cable would that mean phone line??
sercurity i have no idea??
can you please see if im going right way or totally wrong to what the question is asking me?

I dont really know much about cat 5 and 6 can any one help with the requirements needed??
am i going down right track or does it want to know like 60 watt lamp in front room with 5 double sockets etc etc??
Think about telephone, network (cat 5e or cat 6), aerial co-ax, satelite/cable coax........plus security cables. Smoke alarms normally come off a lighting circuit.....

As telextrix says first think of how you are going to use each room. Don't worry about the electrical detail.

Once you have this detail then investigate what you need to do electrically.

the brief for what you need is too vague for anyone to advise you tbh.
socket wise, prob best to think of what You would need/want. smoke detector, normally off lighting circuit as mentioned.
data- depends what you want it for.how many devices need it.

ok i will have a main centre room ceiling row light in each room. followed buy double sockets 5 in front room 1 in hall 3 in kitchen 3 in each bedroom one top of stairs.
all lights on 1 wat switching apart from bottom of stairs witch will be on 2 way.
fire alrarm in kitchen and in front room controlled by a tester switch in kitchen
light in bathroom on a pullcord
a main house alarm system ( dont no details on this)

what you all think

I dont really know much about cat 5 and 6 can any one help with the requirements needed??
am i going down right track or does it want to know like 60 watt lamp in front room with 5 double sockets etc etc??

Differences between cat 5 and 6 can be easily found online. The first thing to think of is how you use the spaces. The question here is do you need a wired network or will wireless be adequate? These are the first questions to consider.

Hi all

I basically need to know requirments for lighting, small power, fire protection, security and data requirements for a 2 bedroom house.

Front room 12ft by 10 ft
hall 6 x 5 ft
kitchen 10x8
1st bedroom 12x10
2nd bedroom 10x 9
bathroom 7x6
landing 8 x 3

this is for a btec assignment, i have been racking my head on for few weeks, finding it real hard and just cant find any answer.

Thanks
PP

Sorry, But a ridiculous Post, if this were in the trainee forum and a project relating to the trainees college work I would join the thread, I am aware it is friday but this thread is surely an April fools thread, my god, JK, however this may happen if you do not ask the Mods to let you into the trainee forum.

ok i will have a main centre room ceiling row light in each room. followed buy double sockets 5 in front room 1 in hall 3 in kitchen 3 in each bedroom one top of stairs.
all lights on 1 wat switching apart from bottom of stairs witch will be on 2 way.
fire alrarm in kitchen and in front room controlled by a tester switch in kitchen
light in bathroom on a pullcord
a main house alarm system ( dont no details on this)

what you all think

exactly

you're close. as for alarm system, i.d do a contact on each external door, a PIR in each downstairs room, PIR in hall and a PIR on landing. ( as a general idea ). for fire, a smoke detector downstairs and 1 upstairs, mains powered and interlinked. a heat detector in the kitchen is optional.

Hi all

Front room 12ft by 10 ft
hall 6 x 5 ft
kitchen 10x8
1st bedroom 12x10
2nd bedroom 10x 9
bathroom 7x6
landing 8 x 3

Thanks
PP

This is too subjective, and a complete waste of time in the Btech as far as i am concerned, and tutors who set these questions need to refocus and set something more appropriate. What i want in each room in my house will be different to what someone else wants, so no matter what you write, you wont be wrong.

Cheers..........Howard

Reply to Can some one please have look at this and see if they can HELP :( in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back