Can some one please have look at this and see if they can HELP :( | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Can some one please have look at this and see if they can HELP :( in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PeterPan27

Hi all

I basically need to know requirments for lighting, small power, fire protection, security and data requirements for a 2 bedroom house.

Front room 12ft by 10 ft
hall 6 x 5 ft
kitchen 10x8
1st bedroom 12x10
2nd bedroom 10x 9
bathroom 7x6
landing 8 x 3

this is for a btec assignment, i have been racking my head on for few weeks, finding it real hard and just cant find any answer.

Can some one help? can reply on here or viz provate msg.
Thanks
PP

couldn't agree more

I couldn't disagree more.

As a BTEC project you included the conversation with the owner on what will be fitted. This will form the spec.

The more that is in the project the more the tutor will be able to mark up. For instance if there is 5 marks for an alarm system and none was installed then zero marks.

This assignment is looking for imagination, design and technical knowledge.

fire protection - ineterlinked mains powered alarms along the house (kitchen, living room, landings)
data - 2x rj45 sockets in each room, cat5 cabling ending up in a cabinet somewhere in the house, landline points if needed.

Typical BTEC assignment don't sweat it, they probably don't know the answer themselves or more worrying they have answers that are ******** in the real world.

They may or may not be after low energy lighting to comply with Building regs L1 (A) if new build (B) if existing.

Fire - send plan to Aico they'll provide the solution !

you're close. as for alarm system, i.d do a contact on each external door, a PIR in each downstairs room, PIR in hall and a PIR on landing. ( as a general idea ). for fire, a smoke detector downstairs and 1 upstairs, mains powered and interlinked. a heat detector in the kitchen is optional.
and this one needs to be on its own zone....so you dont set it off when you get up for a ---- in the middle of the night.....

Just use the gozunder mate, it'll be fine
this`l do ...

[ElectriciansForums.net] Can some one please have look at this and see if they can HELP :(

Haven't we had this ridiculously vague question before, with its baffling term "small power"?

Relevant standards? The first obvious one will the the book known as The Regulations, which is BS???? (you find it ;)), then you'll need a load of the relevant Health and Safety ones, your starter for 10 being the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. The government HSE website would be a good place to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
standard as in BS 76 71
H&s at work 1974
Electricity at work regs 1989
electricity satety quality and continuity regs 2002
PPE at work regs 1992
And i suppose RIDDOR and COSHH????

would these be the relevant standards???

Also what about this design conditions??

thanks btw mate and i presume small power is sockets

Haven't we had this ridiculously vague question before, with its baffling term "small power"?

Relevant standards? The first obvious one will the the book known as The Regulations, which is BS???? (you find it ;)), then you'll need a load of the relevant Health and Safety ones, your starter for 10 being the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. The government HSE website would be a good place to start.

Reply to Can some one please have look at this and see if they can HELP :( in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back