Cannot get RCD test to work? | Page 10 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Cannot get RCD test to work? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Evening chaps..

I have just fitted some downlights in a bathroom and needed to give them RCD protection as there was none. I fitted the following:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Cannot get RCD test to work?

The test button works fine and the unit trips when a fault occurs (touching neutral to earth) but I cannot get the MFT to test it for trip times which I need for the MWC. Its a fairy decent MFT and I've never had any trouble with it testing RCD's before but I have never tested this sort of RCD before, it has always been in the CU. I make contact with the live/neutral/earth of something which the RCD is feeding, I get the little 'tick' on the MFT and then it just wont test.

Am I missing something simple here? Is this unit tested in the same way as you would an RCD in a CU?

I have missed the comment but been told about it, My time will come with you thats for sure, I never forget, especially silly comments by Nobodies with a chip on the shoulder and small mans syndrome lmao

You don't bother me in the slightest. You flip your opinion and values depending on what other member is posting. You lack integrity. Also if you cannot take it, you should not give it out. LMAO

You don't bother me in the slightest. You flip your opinion and values depending on what other member is posting. You lack integrity. Also if you cannot take it, you should not give it out. LMAO
I can take it pal, but where on this thread did I dish it out? Now if I would have dished something out in this thread then you may well have been justified in your unprovoked posting, as nothing was dished out except positive comments I have to assume you are getting personal for no reason at all, so up yours, you get your knickers in a twist over anything you don't like the sound of in any thread and behave like a simpleton, a spoilt brat even, I have no idea how old you are and couldn't care less but whatever your age grow up, regarding integrity, thats rich coming from you, hilarious in fact, your nothing but a jumped up spoilt little small man with a horendous chip on his shoulder.

Guys what I can't understand is if you don't get on or haven't got anything constructive to add to each other's thread just avoid each other. Looking back over the thread it looks like you will never agree so its time to agree to disagree and have a hug

Originally Posted by MDJ [ElectriciansForums.net] Cannot get RCD test to work?
Another silly post Iam, I thought you had got that nonsence out of your system and was back posting in a positive manner, still you have your own Troll in meggar man to back you up now, what about me and glenn meeting you and meggarman at say a junction on the m1 half way between us both and you can show us how hard you really are. Just read this nonsense.

Originally Posted by MDJ [ElectriciansForums.net] Cannot get RCD test to work?
Another silly post Iam, I thought you had got that nonsence out of your system and was back posting in a positive manner, still you have your own Troll in meggar man to back you up now, what about me and glenn meeting you and meggarman at say a junction on the m1 half way between us both and you can show us how hard you really are. Just read this nonsense.
Yes it was a silly last part of the post, hense the fact I tried to remove it, however it was after your unprovoked attack on me earlier, so were as bad as each other, one difference, Had you not posted insulting comments in the first place which needed removing I would have never posted any towards you, like I said earlier, you seem to want to on purpose start a situation without any reason, there is nowhere on this thread before your attack on myself anywhere where I posted anything nasty or un friendly to the OP. Anyhow I am bored with you now, I will be watching out for you though cocker.

Yes it was a silly last part of the post, hense the fact I tried to remove it, however it was after your unprovoked attack on me earlier, so were as bad as each other, one difference, Had you not posted insulting comments in the first place which needed removing I would have never posted any towards you, like I said earlier, you seem to want to on purpose start a situation without any reason, there is nowhere on this thread before your attack on myself anywhere where I posted anything nasty or un friendly to the OP. Anyhow I am bored with you now, I will be watching out for you though cocker.
ere Mike..

clear your inbox..

Exactly what insulting post was that anyway? I think your last post was far more inflammatory with personal comments.

Reply to Cannot get RCD test to work? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net