Circuit design | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Circuit design in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
A guy asked me to install supply to 3 ph oven, as its few miles away I looked at same kind in another of shops , and it was installed on 32A breaker on 6mm. Anyway I got the rating plate sent to me by photo and I working out 2.5mm on 16A 3ph breaker, am I missing something... I could be but doubt it.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Circuit design
    image.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 125
It's no probs to me. As for manuals I'd say maybe still in France . We as sparks should be able to determine supply conductors from that rating plate. Which I work out as 2.5mm on 16A tp breaker. Plenty of 2.5 about where I'd have to go buy 4mm

problem is that if it's designed for 230V/3 phase, you won't have that supply and you will need to convert to single phase with a line current of 44A.

Need to look at the manufactures data, and connection diagram. But these European ovens tend to be suitable for most, if not all, of European voltage bands in one way or another!! lol!!

are you all on drugs ?
the label clearly says 240v / 50hz !
and 3 phase wont be signified by the "T~" either , dual voltage supply would be stated
with a 230/400 stamp , and there isnt one.
which is why its been wired in 6mm at the other shop , and thats probably too small for a 44A load anyway.

A guy asked me to install supply to 3 ph oven, as its few miles away I looked at same kind in another of shops , and it was installed on 32A breaker on 6mm. Anyway I got the rating plate sent to me by photo and I working out 2.5mm on 16A 3ph breaker, am I missing something... I could be but doubt it.

Your miles out mate , 10.2kw oven
The oven will have 3phase ability but the l1 l2 l3 connections can be linked out manufacturers usually provide links

Your miles out mate , 10.2kw oven
The oven will have 3phase ability but the l1 l2 l3 connections can be linked out manufacturers usually provide links
Yes linked out if you want to run single phase, I understand this, what am asking is 10.2kw split over 3ph = 15A per phase and that's not taking diversity into it...
So my calcs say 2.5mm is more than adequate..

- - - Updated - - -

Do you agree hen

are you all on drugs ?
the label clearly says 240v / 50hz !
and 3 phase wont be signified by the "T~" either , dual voltage supply would be stated
with a 230/400 stamp , and there isnt one.
which is why its been wired in 6mm at the other shop , and thats probably too small for a 44A load anyway.

Wouldn't like to put any money on it would you?? lol!!

Reply to Circuit design in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net