Earthing to armour of SWA | Page 6 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Earthing to armour of SWA in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sjm

Seen it quite often where the armour of SWA is not earthed, at all, just removed and cores used as live, neutral and earth.
IMHO this is completely wrong for the first installation (what were they thinking??) and should be rectified urgently if found on an EICR ie code C1/2.

What do you guys think? What code? I'm interested to find out.

Thanks in advance.
Steve.

it gets on my wick in factories where the sparks use miles and miles of SY flex and don't bond the braid!!! there are specific glands available but they just use plastic compression glands.

I just don't get it why anyone wouldn't use the proper gland and earth an SWA/SY.
It's a no thought required job, like you don't walk into a pub and think about how to order a beer, or does the brown wire connect to Line & the blue wire connects to Neutral, they're things that you instinctively know to do & do!

Reply to Earthing to armour of SWA in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net