Electricity theft | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electricity theft in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Pjd

Morning everyone.
New to this forum.

I have a dilemma, been working as sub contractor for builder for 6 months and he has now given me a job working on a private estate like property in Ascot, problem is it wasn't half an hour and I figured out the owner had someone from UK Power network.
When I raised the issue with builder I was told I did not know what I was talking about and not to mess with client as he always gets what he wants. (To be honest client is a very rich thug)
At the moment he has a 40kw swimming pool heater running 24/7 on this supply, he wanted me to add tennis court lighting, 2 bed annex, games room with bar, dressing rooms and gym, newly erected offices, jacuzzi, large pond with pumps and equipment using approx 10kw.
I have already decided to withdraw from site which knowing the builder will affect other jobs I am busy with for him.

Anyway my question is should I report him?
:ninja:

Morning everyone.
New to this forum.

I have a dilemma, been working as sub contractor for builder for 6 months and he has now given me a job working on a private estate like property in Ascot, problem is it wasn't half an hour and I figured out the owner had someone from UK Power network.
When I raised the issue with builder I was told I did not know what I was talking about and not to mess with client as he always gets what he wants. (To be honest client is a very rich thug)
At the moment he has a 40kw swimming pool heater running 24/7 on this supply, he wanted me to add tennis court lighting, 2 bed annex, games room with bar, dressing rooms and gym, newly erected offices, jacuzzi, large pond with pumps and equipment using approx 10kw.
I have already decided to withdraw from site which knowing the builder will affect other jobs I am busy with for him.

Not sure about rearranging, but adding too springs to mind!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Electricity theft

See photo for my input of you thread!!

Apologies reading through thread I can see the confusion.

I work for local builder on client's estate.
Client had someone from uk power network wire in to local power network illegally.
He fitted head at front gate of property all correctly sealed etc. And a Seperate on to back of outbuilding 300yard away.

Client had someone from uk power network wire in to local power network illegally.
He fitted head at front gate of property all correctly sealed etc. And a Seperate on to back of outbuilding 300yard away.

This is where swimming pool heaters, etc is wired up to.

Morning everyone.
New to this forum.

Firstly , Hi and welcome to the forum !
As you have already mentioned , the client is a thug , I would probably just keep quiet personally .
It would not take much for him to link the fact of you ( correctly , may I add ! ) threw your toys out of the pram and walked of site , only to have revenue protection knocking on his door !
Ultimately it is up to you to do the right thing , but I think that a little bit of insight into this fellas back ground would be prudent first ?!

Last edited:
If you walk off, something which you have no reason to do imho, and he then gets a visit it won't take too much brain power to link the visit to you. This may have unpleasant repercussions.

In your position I would continue to turn up for work as normal, after all we all need an income, and if you can take clandestine photos to back up your suspicion then the DNO/supplier will have more evidence. This is their problem not yours.

By all means, if you know electricity theft is happening and can prove it then report it BUT let that be the end of the matter as far as you're concerned.

I think he is trying to suggest the meter or the pool or something is not through the meter.

Nothing gets [past you mate does it !!, ever thought of joining the CID

Reply to Electricity theft in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks