Currently reading:
EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news"

Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: EU - How will you vote given the latest "news"

What has Scotland's voting to remain part of the UK got to do with the UK voting to remain part of Europe, exactly??
the parallels are quite uncanny.
scaremonger about the unknown bits to the general public.
a blatantly biased media making all sorts of misinformation up(at best)
the promise of jam with your tea if you stay but with no firm details until you vote how you are told.
oh aye the irony isn't lost on me.
diamond dave is up till 5am getting johnny foreigner told and then comes back to tell us we are better off in?wtf is that about?
sounds to me like its a done deal whatever way it goes.
big boris signs as the exit team bogeyman.staged?wwe staged.
the same boris who wants to run a water viaduct from scotland to the "breadbasket"of the south east of england as one of his crackpot ideas.
as a voter I'm undecided still,but if we do exit i agree that there will not be a EU to be outside of anyway.

As I said I am not going to take part in this further, I will just refer you to a couple of things, namely the bar graph at the top of the page and Murdoch's signature, which I think sums things up pretty well in this case.

Irony 101

By the way, just to draw another, and very appropriate parallel with the Scottish referendum, one of the worst examples of fearmongering was the claim that the only way Scotland could stay in the EU was by voting No. That could look pretty hollow soon. Anyhoo, I picked this up elsewhere:

Mythbusters - Richard Corbett

Read it and pooh pooh it.

i've read it and can't make out of it was written by richard corbett, harry corbett ( sooty and sweep) or some inmate of a loony bin.

i've read it and can't make out of it was written by richard corbett, harry corbett ( sooty and sweep) or some inmate of a loony bin.
Ive read it as well and Tels right. Anything that ends like this:
It was Margaret Thatcher who said that being in Europe hadn’t made the French any less French and on this she was right -– being in Europe hasn’t made us any less British either! is bollox in my opinion.

or Ronnie Corbet
:21:
I read it too,Better all change our votes to stay cos nobody will buy or sell us owt if we arnt in Europe. Hmm I think not. Goverments are better at ground level not Brussels and the numbers of beurocrats may be fewer than leeds council but they have more say. Its the power that counts and we need it back:hurray:

So, I win my bet with a mate. I guaranteed the responses would be rebuttal without any actual rebuttal. Not one single factual detail.

So now we are reduced to the Corbett crapsite which on one or more counts is incorrect

I'm undecided whether to vote 'undecided' in this pole or not. I haven't the foggist on if its better to stay or leave, so I'm interested in anything that can make me decide either way. Have to say not been influenced by this thread, to make my decision. So hopefully the discussion will continue, providing this link to prompt sensible arguments;

UK EU exit would be global economy 'shock' - G20 leaders - BBC News

And it's not just been reported on the BBC.

I'm undecided whether to vote 'undecided' in this pole or not. I haven't the foggist on if its better to stay or leave, so I'm interested in anything that can make me decide either way. Have to say not been influenced by this thread, to make my decision. So hopefully the discussion will continue, providing this link to prompt sensible arguments;

Scaremongering from a bloke who has just been found to be manipulating the truth and figures regarding the NHS -YEP gonna believe anything this 'IN' campaigner has to say on the matter, uncertainty always causes financial ripples as has been the case with the Euro etc but it strange all those who told us we should join the Euro are now campaigning to stay in the EU - had we gone with their rock solid advice before then we would have been in a real bad position economically now, its been outside the failing Euro that protected us from alot of the recent recession. So sorry when I say I will not listen to the advice of those that would have brought our country even further to its knees had we followed there advice before...

Scaremongering as usual from the BBC!

The reason that the EU IS STILL in RECESSION/low growth is that they had decided to keep the Euro. If the Greeks, Spanish, etc had left in 2012, used their "old" currencies, they would have ALL have been into decent growth by now.

As the Euro zone is still under pressure, this is probably the same "shock" that the G20 are thinking about.

AND if the US Dollar and Chinese Yen were allowed to float properly on the world exchanges - that would produce a shock too.

Scaremongering as usual from the BBC!

The reason that the EU IS STILL in RECESSION/low growth is that they had decided to keep the Euro. If the Greeks, Spanish, etc had left in 2012, used their "old" currencies, they would have ALL have been into decent growth by now.

As the Euro zone is still under pressure, this is probably the same "shock" that the G20 are thinking about.

AND if the US Dollar and Chinese Yen were allowed to float properly on the world exchanges - that would produce a shock too.

That's not scaremongering Murdoch, it's called reporting.
All the BBC has done here is report on a statement issued by the finance leaders of the G20, they also give coverage of Farage's reply.
You can claim that the G20 leaders are scare scaremongering if you want but not the BBC, or would you be happier if the BBC only reported the exit side of the argument?

All the BBC has done here is report on a statement issued by the finance leaders of the G20, they also give coverage of Farage's reply.
You can claim that the G20 leaders are scare scaremongering if you want but not the BBC, or would you be happier if the BBC only reported the exit side of the argument?

Hum..... its scaremongering. As my response outlined the other examples could be used.....

You are aware of course that the good old beeb receives funding from the EU ?, as such it is not allowed to criticise the EU directly due to this funding, do a search for BBC EU funding while some info is from the "Torygraph" and the likes of spectator etc. it was also brought up by Farage in the EU parliament a few years ago, and even admitted by the beeb due to FOI requests.

So much for impartiality then :) the beeb are bought and bribed to spin the pro-EU/establishment line.

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock