External earth fault loop tt system | Page 8 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss External earth fault loop tt system in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brightspark2010

Evening all could anyone please tell me the the maximum ze for tt systems the jobs entail Rec cut out fuse bs88 16a to feed 1x 30 ma rcd fuse spur for feeding socket outlet what should the max ze be please

Of course not, you've freely admitted that you've never even tried to achieve better, and that was the basis of this thread!! All too easy to fall in to compromise mode, and rely on a single RCD ....Well while it's working correctly that is!! ..lol!!

6 Hours later!! lol!!

Another Reg bible basher!! with no understanding of a TT system!!

21 ohms is the max for sub-station earthing and the like, but you'll never see a value anywhere near that high at a sub-station.

The 100 and 200 ohm values that are thrown about by the NICEIC and BS7671 are one almighty joke, and good for basically nothing!! Always aim for a low double figure. the old accepted standard was 10 ohms, but that was with decent sized and lengths of earth rods. Just as important as low Ra values is the stability of the earth rod position(s) The deeper the better, for both stability and Ra values...

Just to make it clear....I have always advocated the use of a back-up 100 ma S type on all the debates I have been invoved in on this subject.
And also lets remember E54's first post on this thread quoted above....a low double figure Ra is relying on an RCD to meet disconnection times whether he likes it or not....which is somewhat at odds with his comments on the other quoted post.

Does anyone think these faulty RCDs are because of lack of testing with the test button to the manufacturers recommendation. After all they are mechanical latching. In my years of installing RCDs I don't know of any body who does test them regularly. Just a thought.

Does anyone think these faulty RCDs are because of lack of testing with the test button to the manufacturers recommendation. After all they are mechanical latching. In my years of installing RCDs I don't know of any body who does test them regularly. Just a thought.

no, I think its just rubbish being churned out, most I have found are straight off the shelf.

Reply to External earth fault loop tt system in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back